Chapter 4: "The Game"

:Zayn's P.O.V.:

I was looking for Ariele. She might be mad at me again of what I’ve done to her yesterday. But it wasn’t my fault really. She’s the one who stare at me, that makes me think she likes me. If that was true, I would be glad. It’s not new to me since most girls do like me. But with Ariele, it’s different.

                I saw Ariele in a chess room. So, I get inside.

                “Are you mad at me again?” I change voice tone to a lower one.

                “No.” She didn’t bother turning around to look at me.

                “I heard you will be running for president in this school year.”

                “Someone’s supposed to be better than me.” Ariele said with a sad voice. I know why she sounded like that because she’s guilty of what had happened.

                “Then, why are they saying that you deserve to be the leader of this campus?” She didn’t respond. “Okay. Here’s a deal. Let’s play chess. If you won, then it’s your decision whether you’ll run for president or not. But if I’ll win, then, automatically, you’ll sign as one of the candidates. How about that?” I’m just hoping she will response now.

                “Call. Let’s play.”

: Ariele’s P.O.V:

                The match started with me. I’m playing with the white. I moved first my pawn which is located in the 5-2 to 5-4. Then he moved. The routine was done simultaneously until it reach to the point that he moved his horse to 6-3 that made my King cornered. So, I moved it to the 6-2. I was going to lose this game. I know. He’s a genius. By the time he moved his rook in 6-1. I really lost the game with a checkmate.

                “You won.” I declared.

                “I know. So?” He’s happy with the result. I knew it.

                “Alright.”

                He laughed wickedly and said. “I won. I won. I won.” As if he was teasing me.

                “Stop it! You won. Alright.” I also laugh. It’s not really funny. He just made me laugh, that’s it. Then we stop laughing. He stared at me. I stared back. Then he smiled.

                “Let’s go?” he asked.

                I nodded as a response. I never been happy since the time best friend was gone. But with this guy? I think he’s a gift from heaven to me. I wish he is.