Chapter 3: "New bonds"

:Ariele's P.O.V.:

I was irritated by the new guy in school. He always freaks me out. I don’t know why. But there’s something that was… I don’t know. I have the feeling that I’m not safe when I am with him. It’s just it. So, I decided to stay out of his way but he keeps staying in mine.

                I go to the comfort room so that I can change my clothes to a P.E. uniform. I get a soccer ball and I go to a ground where exactly no one was playing there. I put the ball on the ground and kick it and go after it and kick it again. The routine was like that. Then I saw a familiar figure on a distance. It was Zayn. He was also wearing a P.E. uniform. He comes to nearer to me.

                “Can I join you?” he asked.

                “No.” I turned my back then. But he holds my grip.

                “Please? I’m sorry if I have done wrong with you. I don’t know if what is it. But please, can you forgive me?” He was looking into my eyes with his sincere dark eyes. I stunned for a moment of his thick and pretty long lashes in his eyes. He was about to knell down.

                “Alright.” I stopped him from knelling down. “You’re forgiven. Contented?”

                “Yes! Thank you so much.” I was so shocked when he hugs me so tight. I can’t breathe, not with the hug but with my heart that beat so fast.

                “Can you stop t-this?” Then, he stepped back.

                “I’m sorry again. Friends?”

                “Friends.”

                “Can I join you now?”

                “No. I’m going to the library.”

                “Then, I’ll go with you. How about that?”

                “Sure. Let’s go?”

                At the Library.

                “What book are you looking for?” Zayn asked me.

                “Chemistry.” I replied.

                “Here. What do you want to know about it?” He asked me again.

                “Chemical bonds.” I replied again.

                We took a seat and I look for the topic where I was looking for in the book.

                “Don’t you know about the chemical bonds?” He asked me again.

                “You talk too much.” I replied.

                “Are you uhm.. annoyed?”

                “Yes.”

                Zayn didn’t talk again. I was wondering why he acted like that, like talking too much. He isn’t his business. He acted so cold to the other students in school. They even think that he was unapproachable. Students that are spared from his wrath are his best friends. I don’t think like he can be with those guys. They’re so-called the ‘CAMPUS HEARTROB”. Maybe they are, maybe not. Well, I can’t say they’re not handsome. They’re beautiful as they are. Really.

                Zayn look at me. And asked again. “Are you staring at me?”

                What kind of question was that? I was kind of stunned again. My cheeks even burn and turn to red. I just keep looking in to his eyes, his dark eyes, which if I looked at it, I’ve done a very big mistake.

                “You’re blushing.” He plainly state. Then turn on to his books and put a wise smile on his lips.

                “What are you thinking?” I complain.

                “What do you think?” a bounced back question, with a smile on his eyes.

                “Gosh! No. It’s not right. I can explain.” As if trying to make the wrong, correct.

                “What is it?” still with that kind of smile.

                “Never mind!” I walked away.