Chapter 6: "The Acquaintance"

: Zayn’s P.O.V.:

                I was at the canteen when an announcement was announced by the Information officer of the school. “The principal had finally signed the request letter of our very own president that there will be an Acquaintance party this coming Friday. You may all have your dates by that night. Thank you!”

                “Did you hear that?” Liam tapped my shoulder.

                “What that?”

                “Dates.” Harry smirked.

                I choose to keep silent. Then, a thought comes into my mind. Perfect! I’ll ask Ariele to be my date on party. I stayed out of the group and looked for Ariele.

                “Hey!” Maybe I shouldn’t take time to find her anymore. There was her.

                “So, I have to ask you something.” I said.

                “What?”

                “Can you be my date on the party?”

                “Ohm… Perhaps, you should find another girl to ask. I’m not going.” I knotted my forehead of what she had said. She continued, “I have something to do at that time.”

                “But---”

                Ariele cut my words. “Enjoy the party! Bye!”

                “Hey wait!” she had run away.

                 I can’t imagine myself being with other girls. I want her to be with me. I want her to be my date. But how, she refused to. I should find a way…

:Ariele’s P.O.V.:

                Friday night, the Acquaintance party was going on. But instead, I busied myself. I read all my books. I go on lining. I watched TV. I did movie marathon. I did all of that to have a reason of not going to the party.

                After what I have done for that day, I had finally lain down and took a deep sigh. I can stop wondering if who’s with Zayn. I was so happy when he asks me to be his date but my conscience told me not to. I believe I’m not the kind of girl that easily put trust to others. I was about to close my eyes when I heard my mom calling me.

                “Ariele! Come down here!”

                “Yes mom!” I jump out in my bed and went out of my room. As I was on the stairs, I met mom.

                “Hey! Zayn is here. You never told me that you two have a date. Here.” She gave me a big box.

                “What’s this? I don’t have a date ton---”

                “Shut up. Get up and dressed.”

                “No.” I come down the stair and went to the sala. I saw Zayn. “What are you doing here?” I said as if he was not welcome.

                “Well, ohm… I’m...”

                “He’s here to be your date for tonight.” Mom cut his words. My eyes were widened and my forehead knotted as if I was asking them what’s happening. “So, Ariele, why won’t you get up, dressed and try to make yourself pretty?” mom added.

                I can’t argue anymore. Two versus one. My mother’s pushing me up to my room. I hate that Zayn guy! He always gets me in to trouble. Ariele, are you denying that you don’t like what’s happening? Oh come on, you love this. Zayn will be your date tonight. He even comes to your house to ask your mother’s permission, isn’t he sweet? And here comes. My mind is pushing me now. It’s already three versus one.

                As I was in the room, my mom excitedly handed my dress for me to wear on. It is a red halter dress, pair up with a red close shoe. Now, I’m not against the flow. I do what mom said. After I got ready, I get down the stairs and saw Zayn waiting for me.

                “So, here I am, going to have a date with you.” I pointed him with my finger. He smirked.

                “Let’s go?”

                I nodded. As we get near in the gate of our house, I saw a car. Zayn opened the passenger seat and signed me to come over and get in. But I opened the door of the backseat and choose to seat there. His head get inside in the window of the back seat and said: “Are you planning to make me your driver and not your date?” I gently smiled. He gets down to the driver seat. “Seat here.” He added as he was tapping the passenger seat.

                So, I opened once again the backseat door and transfer to the passenger seat. He handed me a bunch of flower. I can’t stop myself smelling it. Its gentle scent spread in the car. I caught him staring at me.

                “And are you planning to have a date here in the car?” I said in high pitch of voice. He laughed. Oh! Music into my ears.

                The travel goes on in a silent way. Until we reaches in the place where we can’t see a bit of light. I knew this is not the venue of party.

                “Wait. Where are we?” I turn to Zayn but saw him out of the car. I didn’t grow afraid. So, I went out too. Zayn looked at me. “What’s this?” I said. Then I heard a click. The series lights turn on. The place go brighter and brighter. The view was so amazing as if we were on a paradise. With those trees, flowers, the man-made fountain and the lake, it makes me think I was Eve and Zayn was Adam.

                We sat on a bench facing the beautiful lake. I looked up the sky and find all the bright stars which were twinkling. The place was so perfect. I put a smile in my lips. I’ve never been in a place like this. Then, I face Zayn. He was staring at me.

                “The place is so beautiful, isn’t it?” I said.

                He just smiled. He keeps looking into my eyes that makes my heart beat so fast. The feeling is so awkward. I turn my look to the lake but my attention wasn’t there. I face Zayn again.

                “Why won’t you put your eyes to the beautiful view instead?”

                He didn’t answer again. I don’t understand the feeling when he brushed my hair with his fingers. “Did I ever tell you, you’re so pretty tonight?” he said as he touches my chin.

                I don’t know what I’m going to do. Did he just tell me, I’m pretty? Gosh! My cheeks burn and turn to red. “Ohm…”

                “You’re cute when you’re blushing. Are you hungry?” he asked me instead to cut the awkwardness between us.

                “Ohm… Yes?”

                He leads me near the lake. Then we ride on a yacht. And there was a table where there is a candle lit dinner. He pulled a chair for me to sit on. We’re having a dinner in the middle of the lake. I can’t help to be happy of myself. This is my first date and I already experience like this. Girls would be jealous.

                As we were in the middle of our conversation, I heard the instrumental music of the violin. “Dance with me?” he asked. Then there go, this will be my first dance. He offered his hand.

                “My pleasure.” I respond as I put my hand on his. I saw the fireflies around us which make the place more romantic.

                I’ll never forget this night. I’m with Zayn in a place like a paradise where I had my first date and my first dance…