CHAPTER 6

Chapter 6

 December 1, 2017 was a busy day for Commander Dodong. For hours, he sketched the layout of the Paradise Resort. At about 4:17 in the afternoon, he was through with it. Commander Dodong examined the layout of the resort that he had sketched. The layout was based on his careful observations on the Braullio resort. He tried to see if there were some details he missed. There was none. Satisfied, he put the layout inside the drawer of his table. Commander Pusa must be on his way now, he thought. He admired the commander. In all his missions, he never failed. Indeed, Commander Pusa was valuable asset of the organization. That's why he trusted him. We will never fail, Dodong thought. 

Then there was a knock on the door.

"Is that you Commander Pusa?" he asked.

"Yes, Commander," was the reply, "can I come in?"

"Come in, Commander. I've been waiting for you," Commander Dodong said.

The door opened and Commander Pusa came in. "Good day, Commander Dodong," he greeted and he extended his hand as he crossed the floor.

The two NPA leaders shook hands.

"Sit down, Commander," Commander Dodong offered.

"So what's the urgency of this call, Commander?" he asked.

"Listen carefully, comrade Commander," he began.

For an hour or so, Commander Dodong told his story. He narrated how his family was brutally murdered by armed men upon order by Mayor Tomas Braullio on that fateful night of June 6, 1996. He told Commander Pusa how he was chased by the gunmen as he frantically ran to the woods for safety, and how the late Commander Danny found him later. Commander Pusa, of course already knew what happened to Commander Dodong's family, but he listened to Commander Dodong's narration just the same.

"And now," Dodong hissed, "it's time to have my revenge."

Commander Pusa was silent for a couple of seconds. Then he asked, "So how do you propose to accomplish your aim?"

"This is my plan: we kidnap Tomas Braullio and take him to his resort which will be taken over by your men. Before hand, however, you shall have planted bombs in all the buildings and other facilities found in his resort.  I and my men will then take him to his hotel's lobby, tie him there, then blow the whole resort up sky high."

"But what about the tourists, and other innocent people in that resort?" Commander Pusa asked.

"You have to evacuate everybody as fast as you can, Commander. Once done, we transform that damn resort to a living hell." He replied.

"But first, we've got to knock all communications down to prevent someone from calling for help," Commander Pusa said.

"That's where your expertise come in, Commander," Dodong answered.