chapter 7: the date

She applied blush to her cheeks. Too pink. With a wet cloth she wiped it off and started again, this time with a softer color. Way better. Liam was picking her up in 15 minutes and Lily had only done her make-up. Lily was only 15 but Liam was 16 so he could drive them to the cinema. Lily's entire wardrobe was spread out on the floor, but she had made a final decision. She was going to wear a rose gold tank top with a V-neck, a short black skirt and a jean jacket to finish the outfit. After she threw on her outfit she raced to the bathroom to do her hair. Ten minutes left. She didn't have time to curl her hair so she decided to put it into a low messy bun. She stepped back to look at the final result. She smiled her non-braces smile. Yup, she had gotten them off yesterday. Not bad, even if she said it herself. She looked pretty but not as if she was trying too hard. She checked her phone. 5 minutes left. She raced down stairs with her phone in one hand and her shoes in the other. As she walked into the kitchen her mom looked up. "You look gorgeous. Have fun and be safe." Lily sighed. God, what did her mom think they were going to do. The doorbell rang. Lily's heart skipped a beat. "Yeah, yeah. The movie ends around eleven so we'll be home around 11.30. Bye!" Lily rushed out of the room before her mom could say anything else and she opened the door. He was standing there. Smiling at Lily as if she made his entire day better. He looked incredibly handsome, with his white blouse and blue jeans. "Wow, you look great." His voice was soft, but still manly. "So do you. Is that your car?," Lily asked as she nodded towards a black BMW in their driveway. "Yeah. I had to borrow my moms since she wont let me have my own car till I'm seventeen." They walked towards the car and stepped inside. "So are you ready to go?" Lily nodded, even though she wasn't ready. How could she ever be ready for a date with Liam Asher. 

"We're in the last row," Liam whispered as he took Lily's hand and pulled her towards the stairs. An older woman shot them an angry look. Lily giggled. They were way too late for the movie. First of all they hadn't been able to find any parking so they had had to drive to the next garage and walk all the way back to the cinema, which lost them ten minutes. Second of all the line for the popcorn had been huge so they had had to wait another fifteen minutes in line. Now they we're climbing up the steps to their seats all the way in the back of the theater. At last they found their seats, after having had to squish in front of people and mumbling apologies. Liam was sitting on the right hand side of Lily, and on the left hand side a man was sitting. Lily looked at him briefly. He had a bald head and was wearing a tuxedo. 

"So, what did you think?" Liam asked as they were finding their way towards the exit. " It was really funny. I couldn't stop laughing the entire time," answered Lily as she checked her phone to see if her parents had texted her. Because she was studying her phone and not looking where she was walking , she bumped into someone. "I am so sorry," Lily shrieked as she saw that the person she had walked into had dropped something. "That's quite alright. No need to worry about it." It was the man in the tuxedo who Lily had sat next to during the movie. Lily smiled. "Have a nice evening sir." She nodded at the man. Then she saw something weird. A little twinkle in his eyes. She was about to turn around and walk away when the man spoke again. "Actually, if I could have a word with you."