On the Road

Alex shakes me awake. His hand in gentle and not harsh. I blink away the sleep and look up at his smiling face. Wow. I can't believe this is really happening. I can't believe Alex actually likes me. He actually cares. I honestly didn't think he did. I thought he was just being nice that one night, and then decided that it couldn't happen ever again.

"Good morning," he whispers. 

"Hey." My voice is rough from sleep. I don't like how it sounds, but it seems like he does. 

"You're so cute with bed head," he breathes into my ear. 

I gasp. Crap! No! This is mortifying. 

Alex laughs. "It's okay. Really. It's not that bad. I promise." 

I sigh. "Don't scare me like that ever again."

Alex laughs. 

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Around seven. We'll be stopping for breakfast soon."

"What do we do for breakfastt on the road?" Even after a month of drum corps, the majority of it is still a forgien concept to me.

"Well, if we're are still going to be traveling, like today, we stop at a breakfast place. Otherwise, we break out the moms and the make us food before a competition or a rehersal. It's the same with all our other meals. If we're moving, we're eating at fast food or resturants."

I nod. At least it's somewhat decent food. I sit up and strech as much as I can, since we are on a bus. I pull my backpack onto my la and find my hairbrush. Alex laughs as I pull it through my hair. "What's so funny?" I ask

"It's just you. You're really funny, and I don't think you even realize the extent of it."

"What am I doing that's funny?" I ask, continuing to brush my hair. I am not going to sit on a bus full of hot guys, including the one sitting next to me with bed head. 

Alex shakes his head. "I just think you're cute is all."

I smile, sure that I'm blushing too. I put the brush in my bag when I finish pulling through all the snarls.

"Also, no one cares what you look like here. We're all gonna look like shit. That's how the bus life goes, sweetheart."

He called me sweetheart. OH MY GOD! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He said all that and that's all I took from it? I need help. I stand up to check his theory. There are people all over the bus. Everyone is a mess, wearring sweats and tshirts. All the girls' hair is a mess. I sit down and Alex is giving me a look. "What?"

"I told you, didn't I?"

I just shrug. No need to give him the satifaction he wants. The bus pulls into an outlet mall of sorts. I pull on a pair of boots and grab my purse. Alex and I follow kids out the bus. It looks like the bus is going to refuel while we eat. 

"What do you want?" Alex asks.

I look around. There's a Starbucks. We are definatly going there. And there's a Einstien's Bagels. Well, my mind is made up. "Starbucks, then Einstien's," I tell Alex. He nods, approving my desicion. 

Back on the moving bus, I eat my everything bagel with cream cheese and caramel frappachino. Alex has a mocha and an everything bagel as well. Looking out the window, I can see we've covered a lot of ground during the night.

Then, a thought crossed my mind. "Did you get any sleep?" I ask.

Alex nods. "I fell asleep some time after you. It was hard not to watch you sleep. You're so cute when you sleep."

I blush when he smiles at me. 

"Now, that is definatly the cutest thing ever."

I giggle, burying my head in his shoulder. 

He pokes me beneth my rib cage. Oh no! Shit! He's going to tickle me! "No, no, no, no, no and no. Don't you dare."

He gives me a look that tells me he's not going to heed my warning. "Okay, I won't..." I sigh in relief, "on the bus," he finishes. 

I punch his shoulder and go back to me meal. I watch the landscape out the window as the bus drives. We are definatly getting into part of the country I'd never seen before. Our first stop is in California. I'd never really been out of the middle east. 

I pull out my laptop. I praise the lord when I find the bus has wifi. I'm not sure how awful of a trup this would've been had I not had wifi. Alex leans over to see what I'm doing.

"Tumblr? Really?" he asks.

I nod sheepishly. As much as I love Tumblr, I'm on it constantly. I hate that. I plug my phone into the outlet on the side of the bus so it can change. Thank the lord Alex thought to get seats with an outlet in them. 

"Here." He hands me his own phone and I plug it in. 

My fingers linger on the keyboard as I look out the window. Next stop, Calli!

Hey, sorry for the short update. I couldn't make words work for this chapter, and I kinda just wanted to move on to the shows. I'm in the middle of a writers block write now. I may start working with some of my other books so please read those if this one doesn't get updated! Love you all for the supoort. Thanks!

-Tarra