First Day

My phone vibrates underneath my pillow. It's blarring Pentatonix's cover of Rather Be. I groan and sit up. It is five-thirty in the morning. I sit up and see girls and guys changing. It's like they don't care who sees them. I'm not comfortable with that. Luckly enough I slept with my sports bra on and I can get into spandx under the balnkets. I pull the spandex on and stand up to put on a lose tank top and a pair of booty shorts that I bought at the Coke store in Vegas this past spring break.

Around me, my friends are just starting to get up. "Good morning," I say cheerily, getting super close to the side of Eli's face. He gently pushes as my face. It's probably gentle because he doesn't have the energy to do anything else.

"Hey, this is an unGodly hour to wake me up," he mummbles.

"I know, but we have to be up."

Eli sighs. "Fine."

I laugh.

"Come on!" Megan grabs my arm and pulls me towards where their serving food.

"Hurry up, Eli!" I call over my shoulder.

The two of us laugh as we run through the halls to a smaller gym.The line is already really long. Megan and I chatter while we wait for the line to move. It moves fairly fast compared to the one for high school marching band.

Megan and I laugh at our friends as they run to get in line.

"Aren't Jake and Sara fuuny?"

I nod. "They're cute." I smile, watching Jake take Sara's hand and interlacing their fingers. My eyes scan the line, and lock on the Prince and his friends.

"They're all in drum line," Megan whispers into my ear.

"The Prince too?"

She nods. "He plays quads. He's also the drum captain."

"Duh." He'd be leader of whatever section he was in.

Megan laughs and our friends join us.

Eli huffs. "How are you already finished?" he asks as I finish off the last of my orange juice.

"Because I got up when my alarm went off."

He glares at me for a second before continuing to eat.

After some small conversation and plenty of eating, Sara gasps. We all look up, Jake with a curious look on his face.

"What?" I ask.

She leans over to me and whispers in my ear. "He's looking at you."

"He?"

She smiles and wiggling her eyesbrows as if that gives it away. In all honesty, it does. I roll my eyes. He may be hot, but who really cares? Well, at least that is the mask I'm trying to put on. I don't want them to know I'm lusting after him like everyone else.

"Really, Becca?" she asks, surprised.

I nod and shrug.

Everyone in the group isstaring at me wide eyed.

"What? Is it really that much of a surprise?"

Drew nods. "Are you kidding?"

I shake my head, knowing inside I'm lying to all my friends. But, I don't want to be one of those girls that lusts after him. I don't want to be her.

"Welp," Megan says.

A sigh runs through the group. "I'm gonna through my trash away," I say.

I dump my trash. Why is it that big a deal if I don't want to lust after him. Sure he's hot, and really I know I am. He is ridiculously hot. Wy wouldn't I fall for him?