Confrontation

When I wake up (well Megan shook me awake) we are in Texas for another competition. I put my stuff with her and the rest of my friends. We talk and laugh and have a good time at lunch. I focus really hard on my show during rehearsal that afternoon. Dinner was great and we watched a movie before bed. We performed the next day. We won the competition. It was great. Things went on like this until we reached Indianapolis for Semis. It was all leading up to this day.
Now, I stand, drop spinning as I wait for Megan. She needs to hurry her butt up if we're going to make it in time to see Phantom perform. I don't want to miss their show again.
I hear footsteps. Thank god. "Come on, Megan! We can't miss Phantom again!"
But, the person who came around the corner was not Megan. It was Alex. I swallowed and stopped spinning my rifle. He was looking at me with this dark look. It was scary. If I hadn't wanted to talk to him before (which I hadn't) I definitely didn't want to now.
"Becca."
His voice stopped me cold. It was so... full of need. Like, he needed me to survive. I didn't wasn't to fall victim to it, but I couldn't help it. As he got closer, I couldn't move. I just couldn't find the will to move. He finally got close enough that he grabbed my rifle from me and set it down on the ground.
"Becca," he said again, only quieter this time.
I can feel the tears forming in my eyes. The sting of tears is so painful, or maybe it's the pain of not being with him. I hate to admit I miss him. I miss him so much.
"Becca please. I need you. I miss you so much. I've been hurting so much these past few weeks. I know you have been too. I've seen you struggling. Please, Becca."
With that, I break down. Alex takes me into his arms as I cry. He strokes my hair, and whispers sweet nothings. "I'm sorry, Alex. I'm so sorry."
"Sh. Sh. It's okay. I know. I know. It's okay now."
"I just... I just didn't want you to lose anything because of me."
"I would gladly give up drum corps to have you back in my arms. Whatever you were thinking about these lay weeks, doesn't matter to me as much as you do. Plus, you're amazing at what you do. If those girls had seen you perform, there's no way they could've accused you of that. I love you Becca."
"I love you too Alex."

Hey! So sappy chapter. We're getting really close to the end of this. aid there's anything specific you guys want to see happen before the end, comment so I can try and incorporate it!!! Hope you enjoyed it! Cheers!! -Tarra