Chapter 21 - My Muffin

Sofie's POV

"Okay, so put your index finger here.." Shawn said, placing my finger on the fret of his guitar.

Shawn had taken it upon himself to try teach me the guitar, which I doubt I'm going to ace. It's harder than it looks.

"...And put your middle finger there" he directed in a soft voice, his hand wrapped around mine, guiding me.

My heart fluttered as he did so, his skin touching mine giving me extreme feels.

"And now strum" he said in an enthusiastic tone, taking his hand off of mine.

I did as I was told and a sound came out that did not sound like a dying cat. Goals achieved.

"You're getting good!" he told me, planting a peck on my forehead.

"Sure" I said sarcastically, staring lamely at the guitar strings.

"You're going to be the next big thing" he stated, a cute smile on his face.

I raised my eyebrows at him and scoffed.

"I'm bored and hungry, can we get some food now?" I whined, making my best puppy-dog face.

"Okay muffin" he said in a sweet tone.

"Muffin?" I giggled, looking at his blushing face.

"Yeah, I like muffins. And I also like you. So I called you muffins" he explained, trying to hide his blushing face.

"You're cute" I chuckled, pecking his soft lips.

"Now I'm hungry for muffins" I whined.

"Let's do get muffins then" he smiled, taking my hand in his and raising up.

-------

Shawn and I were sitting down on a bench hidden by some trees in the deserted park.

And of course, we were eating our muffins, content with ourselves.

"How's staying with Hayes?" Shawn asked out of curiosity.

"Hell" I simply replied, a sour expression on my face.

Shawn looked at me with slight surprise. "He can't be that bad, could he?".

I stared at Shawn, my eyebrows raised, an "are you serious?" expression on my face.

"I didn't know he was that bad" Shawn sighed, wrapping a strong arm around me.

I snuggled into Shawn's chest, relaxation taking over my body. "I'll get over it" I replied.

I sat in comfortable silence, feeling Shawn's chest moving up and down as he slowly breathed out, humming a song quietly to himself.

"What are you humming?" I asked him, curious about the unfamiliar tune.

"Just a song" he teased, a small smirk on his face.

"Seriously Shawn?" I groaned, sticking out my bottom lip to form a pout.

He nodded, chuckling slightly at my babyish face.

Soon after that, we decided to go back to the hotel so we got up from our little hideaway and strolled back to the rest of the boys.

Once we got back to the hotel, we were welcomed by half of the boys having a Nerf gun war.

I wasn't surprised at the lack of order and boredom in the room. Typical guys.

"Intruder!" Nash screamed like a child, running out from behind his "base" and picking me up like I was as light as air.

"Are you serious Nash?" I laughed, struggling to get out of his tight grip.