Letters

Sophie had been delaying this day ever since she had seen Lord Cassius at the planting.

She had wanted to pretend that it had never happened, and she was honestly a little bit scared that Lord Cassius would even listen to his son's last will.

In fact, elves didn't really have wills. They didn't really die. But it was basically the same thing when your husband's father finds a letter in his late son's desk drawer days after the accident with a certain name on it.

And that name had happened to been hers.

She had been stalling it though.

She had refused to open it, saying she would wait until she was stronger.

But she wasn't stronger. It had been two months almost, and eating, and sleeping, and trying not to cry every second of every day wasn't getting easier. At all.

But she had found it, even though she had tried so long to hide from it.

And maybe, even though it would only make it hurt so much more, maybe... maybe it would help.

After all of this time wishing she could just have five more minutes to say goodbye, and make sure that he knew that she loved him, maybe this could be goodbye.

Some closure.

Her hands shook violently, but somehow, before she could stop herself, she ripped through the envelope, making sure to be careful to look at every detail.

The way the line on the 'F' of Foster was slightly crooked.

How the way he had sloppily underlined it ran off the page.

Even the tiny sticker he had used to make sure it remained sealed, a tiny gulon.

She walked over from her desk chair to her bed, sitting down and putting Mrs. Stinkbottom in her lap, trying to focus on how it still felt like him.

And she took a deep breath, taking the think, creamy paper out of it's seal, and beginning to read.

The first date went back years ago. Back when she had just first started Foxfire.

4/23

You know when you meet someone and you're just so intrigued with them that you can barely explain it?

I met a girl in the hallway today. She was a level two.

Claimed she wasn't mysterious.

Yeah, sure. And I didn't have anything to do with the great gulon incident.

She looked away and flipped to the next one, her heart stopping when she realized that it was back from when she got kidnapped.

9//7

I can't believe she's gone.

I miss her so much.

The way she'll scowl, and glare when she's angry. Or the way she smiles when I tell a joke that she actually appreciates.

I guess she'll never know how I really feel.

Sophie Took a deep breath and coughed down the emotions in her throat. This wasn't that bad, was it? Actually, yes, it was. It was terrible. Did he know that she would be feeling the exact same way about him? Did he know that he would leave her? Did he know that her heart was broken? She hugged Mrs. Stinkbottom harder and flipped to the next entry, taken a year or two after that.

11/6

Her and the Fitzster are perfect for each other.

They're both going to be powerful, and amazing, and create great things, and change the world and just be the super great good guys.