Chapter Nine

I woke up in my bed, head pounding. I sat up, dazed and confused then suddenly events from last night wafted over me like waves on a beach, crashing down as it reached me. I couldn't hold them in. I tasted them before I had even noticed them sliding down my face. The salty tears created a river down my cheek, glistening in the light. I didn't know why I was crying I just knew I had to.

*Do you want to know some more ??*

Aurelia asked. I snapped a quick 'no' at her and she whimpered. There was shift in the pit of my stomach as guilt and regret began to form. I apologised to Aurelia and explained how bad I felt.

*It's okay, Aimee, I should've let you wake up first. Go have a shower and I will explain all about werewolves.*

A hint of excitement shone through her voice as she tried to be nonchalant.

_

_

_

_

_

Stepping into the shower I let the piping hot water run over my skin and seep into my pores. Immediately the stress, sadness and grief begun to wash away, flowing down in a steady stream and dissapearing. Tilting my head back I let the water rain down on me like acid, burning wherever it landed, leaving a tingling numbness as it condensated and vanished. I poured some shampoo into the palm of my hand and ran it through my hair, scrubbing with my fingertips until a reasonably large pile of suds formed on the top of my head. I washed it out and repeated the process before just standing. Thinking.

After a good half hour I got out, wrapping a towel around me. I dried my dripping wet body and got dressed slowly, sliding into my favourite pair of black highwaisted leather leggings, red hightops and Coca~Cola crop top. I looked in the mirror at the girl staring back at me. She was staring into my eyes with a blank expression on her face. Faint laughing lines were visible in the corner of her eyes but other than that her skin was surprisingly flawless. Her damp black hair lay dead on one of her shoulders and her eyes swirling with different emotions. Looking deeper I noticed her eyes weren't quite the same colour they used to be. They reflected her emotions. Blue represented sadness and purple represented grief. The two colours clashed together in a war of possession, each trying to control her actions, colliding right beside the pupil creating a zig zag down the middle of her eye.

Shaking my head I took a step away from the mirror, breaking eye contact with the girl therefore ending my trance within her eyes.

*Ready?*

Aurelia's voice chimed delicately. I nodded, knowing she would notice it somehow.

*You might want to sit down.*

I lay on my bed, bracing myself for the knowledge that was going to be impaled in me.

+Okay go ahead, tell me all I need to know about werewolves+

*Okay well first of all I'm going to start by saying, keep an open mind and let me explain everything without interruption. You can ask questions at the end.*

+Okay+

*As you know already all your mothers stories are true but I'm sure you don't remember each detail so for your sake I'm not going to tell it the same way she did*

+Okay...thank you+

*Werewolves look like humans, when they are in their in their human form that is. Although they may look human they aren't 100% human. They still have heightened senses, can heal abnormally fast, can mindlink, have more strength, agility and intelligence, and they can still meet their mates. Okay so first of all, a werewolf, unlike what humans stories say, are not ferocious, man-eating beasts that go around terrorizing towns during a full moon. They are graceful, peace-keeping animals that are just as equal as humans, they deserve to be treated with the same amount of respect as any other creature on this planet. Also they can shift whenever they want...mostly.*