Chapter Twelve

Sunglasses?

Check

Beanie?

Check

Completely noticable?

Check

I threw my hands up into the air in frustration. It was hopeless. My family was going to notice my hair and I had a bet on how long it would take for a teacher to tell me to take the sunglasses off me. Not long anyway. "Feck it." I mumbled to myself. "It's worth a try."

I walked downstairs slowly, looking around to see if the coast was clear. Last thing I wanted was to bump into anybody.

Strangely enough, a lot of people have been coming in and out of the house lately. Dad insists that they are just business partners but I'm not completely sure. Aurelia is telling me that the majority of them are werewolves but that she can't be one hundred percent sure because the scent is quite strong in the house anyways and on top of that, I hadn't shifted properly yet so I wasn't completely in sync with my wolf. Apparently, I wouldn't be able to shift until I turned eighteen which happened to be about a week away.

I was too caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't notice I had reached the bottom of the stairs and was standing outside the living room door. Before I knew what was happening the door swung open and someone hurried out. Tingles erupted through my shoulder as I was sent flying. I tensed and clamped my eyes shut bracing myself for the impact of the floor but it never came. I looked back up to see who had caught me only to see the front door open and a guy in a red hoodie jogging out the driveway.

Entranced I just stood in a daze wondering what had just happened. A faint smell off freshly cut grass on a wet summer morning hung in the air. I sniffed it carefully and my wolf purred in delight. What was wrong with her? It wasn't even summer. And what confused me even more was the fact that the tingles were still shooting through my body. Only one person had ever made me feel this way...but it couldn't be...could it?

***

Walking into first period felt like the first day of school all over again. All eyes were on me and to say I was nervous was an understatement. Every few seconds I would have to look down to make sure it wasn't noticeable that my legs were shaking. I stumbled to my seat and swiftly sat down, tapping my pencil off the desk impatiently.

Luckily the teacher wasn't here when I had walked in... Unluckily, as soon as she walked in she noticed me.

"Ms.Solstice, I understand it is bright out during the day but I don't think you should be worrying about UV ray's inside the classroom. You know the rules by now. Please remove your hat and sunglasses. You too Mr.Casey. I tell you this everyday."

Mumbling under my breath I pulled off my hat and folded up the shades, shoving both into my bag before quickly covering my face with my arms from the curious stares being directed at me. If I had the guts I would have stood up and screamed at all of them. "SO WHAT I HAVE WHITE HAIR AND PURPLE EYES. DEAL WITH IT." But I didn't have the guts so I just sat in silence, engraving my initials into the desk in front of me.

***

I sat in the cafeteria rubbing my temples. Today was not my day. The amount of stares I had been getting was unbearable and on top of that Blair has been acting really weird. I'm starting to wonder should I tell her I'm a werewolf.

Like today when we were playing football (soccer) she was astounded at how fast and agile I was. I guess I just feel guilty that I'm keeping such a big secret from her, my best friend. But then my reasoning side kicks in as I realise that she is a werewolf too and she hasn't told me. Anyway, I can feel guilt radiating off of her and also nervousness maybe even a bit of..excitement? Something has definitely been bugging her today. She was hiding something and I don't think it's the fact that she's a werewolf.

I should tell her.