Chapter One

____________________________________

I slumped in my chair slightly, tugging at my seatbelt. It was really irritating me. I eventually gave up my impossible battle with the belt after receiving several concerned glances from my dad. I looked up, my face leaning lightly against the car window. Outside my twin brother was snogging his plastic girlfriend, Whitney. I did my best to hold in a gag.

"Hi I'm Petunia."

A dolls face was shoved roughly up to mine, her hand outstretched. I shook it gently.

"Hello Petunia, I'm Aimee."

I said politely.

"Your pretty."

The doll said. I smiled.

"Thank you. Your very pretty aswell."

"Your prettier than her."

The doll said gesturing towards the life size barbie doll that was currently eating my brothers face. I looked over at my sister and took her in for a hug.

"Thanks Soph."

I said. I got just a smug smile in return before she whipped back around in her car seat playing with her dolls.

Sophia is my six year old half sister. She has blonde hair that curls slightly at the bottom and gorgeous emerald green eyes. I say half sister because ..well ... Lets just say we don't share the same mother.

"Come on, Frank."

I heard my stepmother yell from the front yard.

"Lets go!!"

A man stepped out of from the door frame, several suitcases stacked up in his arms. I almost felt sorry for him. My dad walked over with the cases and put them in car. He looked at me with a pitiful glint in his eyes. I crossed my arms and looked away from him.

"Aimee I'm really sor-"

"Mee-mee is mad at you 'cause you didn't tell her we were moving."

Sophia interrupted him. I almost laughed when she used her nickname for me. My dad opened his mouth to say something else but closed it again after hearing his betrothed other half shrieking for help. As soon as he was out of sight I thanked Soph and fist bumped her.

The car door on the other side of Sophia opened suddenly. Alexander, my brother stuck one leg in and was about to sit down when the Barbie doll suddenly decided she hadn't finished with him and pulled him in for some sloppy seconds. Sophia turned around to me and stuck two fingers down her throat, signaling she was about to wretch. I tried to control my laugher, but I couldn't hold it in. Whitney detached herself from my brother, shot Soph and I a death glare and sashayed away, flicking her hair.

Alex sat down in his chair, clicking his seatbelt into place before turning to face me. He studied me before opening his mouth to speak.

"Aimee -"

"AAAIIIMMMEEEEE !!!"

My 'mothers' high-pitched voice squealed cutting Alex off. I brought my fingers to my temples rubbing them in circular motions before signaling him to continue. He raised an eyebrow, questioningly. I huffed and turned to face my window, fed up. I loved my brother. I really did. But he pisses me off sometimes.

"Aimee"

He said, placing a hand on my arm apologetically. I looked at him meekly hoping he wouldn't bring up moving. But of course my prayers weren't answered.

"You do realise we have no choice, don't you ?! We have to move."

He said. I threw my hands up in defeat. He just didn't get it.