Chapter Fourteen

(Recap)

All I wanted her to do was tell me she was a werewolf. I hadn't wanted her to feel this bad, I didn't know she felt this bad. After a few minutes of us hugging and apologising and forgiving and I'm sure there was a bit of crying somewhere there, we began to watch the movie. After a while I noticed Blair looking into space. I placed my hand on her shoulder to see if she was okay. Her eyes instantly snapped out of their daze as they began to drill through me. Blair sat up and looked at me questioningly.

"Aimee...?" She said slowly. "Yeess?" I queried just as slowly.

"How did you find out the truth about werewolves?"

...

"I... Um...eh..." Her eyes were boring through my skull, searching for the answer as I stuttered aimlessly looking for a way to avoid the question. But then again, she had eventually told me about her. She deserved an answer.

"Imayormaynotbeawerewolftoo." I gushed quickly making the words jumble each other up. "In English."

I looked up meekly. I probably looked like a four year old that had just been caught taking sweets.

"I may or may not be a werewolf too."
I didn't know what I was waiting for but I scrunched my face up anyway, bracing myself. Nothing ever came.

Slowly but surely I looked up, Blair was sitting there with a huge smile on her face. She began bouncing up and down in her seat happily chanting. "My best friend is a werewolf my best friend is a werewolf my best friend is a werewolf."

Well that went better than expected...
_
_
_
_
_

Note to self, never watch scary movies and drink Mountain Dew on the same night or you might just end up in the same position I was in.

We had watched The Conjuring, Ouiji, all the Paranormal Activities and several others and chugged down about five bottles between us.

Another note to self, do not let Blair have sugar. Turns out we both must have gotten on a sugar high and went hyper. Thinking it was a great idea, we decided to play Hide and Seek in the woods.

Let me tell you this, it was not a good idea.

I walked through the woods as the wind eerily weaved its was between the leaves and branches of trees creating a terrifying rustling sound. The leaves, to pairs of footsteps and my breathing was the only thing that could be heard.

Wait...

Two pairs of footsteps?

I had lost Blair in the woods a good while back...

Sugar buzzing through my veins, I looked around to locate the footsteps. Morning was just beginning so I could see a fair amount. My new eyesight also helped but I wasn't completely used to it yet. I wasn't used to the hearing yet either but there was no mistaking the sound of the footsteps that were gradually increasing in speed.

They started getting louder and my breathing started getting heavier as I sped up. The footsteps sped up also. I closed my eyes and broke into a full on sprint towards where I thought the house was located.

"AIMEE!"

I could have swore I heard my name but as soon as I turned to see who was calling me, I was plunged into darkness that was as black as ink.