Zombies and Ugh, Feelings

Was this outfit too purple? Should you add a dash of blue? Maybe it was too subtle. Maybe it screamed 'I like you' way too loudly? Maybe you should call Sarah? Or Erica? 

You groaned and ran your hands down your face. Bear whined next to you and you dropped down to pet him.

"Maybe I should just reconsider the whole thing. I mean, he's never really gone out with a girl before. Maybe he'll panic?" You pulled out your phone and dialed Sarah's number?

"Hey! What's up?" Her cheerful voice echoed through the phone. 

"Sarah. I'm wearing that purple hoodie with those flower print jeans. And I-" 

"No! Take off those jeans right now!" She screeched. You winced, holding the phone away from your ear. You put her on speaker as you took your pants off. "Those things don't go with anything. Try those skinny jeans with your one-inch heel boots. That would be best. And curl your hair."

"Thanks, Sarah." You breathed a sigh of relief. "You're a lifesaver."

"What's so special that you had to break out the purple hoodie for?" You looked in the mirror and decided that Sarah had been correct.

"Well, um, I was going to tell Benny how I feel." You heard Sarah gasp.

"Really! That's great! Although, you might wanna ease into it. They wanted me to beat some kid up today because he called them names." You frowned.

"Teethan and Benny Rabbit?" 

"Yep, that's the one." You sighed as you locked your house and began walking to school.

"I'll kill him. Are you excited for the field trip to the art gallery?" You heard her sigh in what seemed like relief. 

"Absolutely. It sure beats sitting in class all day. Talk to you then?" 

"Talk to you then." You hung up and continued walking. Maybe while you and Sarah were on your trip, she could help you figure out how to tell him. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Sarah kept sneaking glances at the boy taking notes. You nudged her.

"You gonna go for it?" She shrugged. The teacher took another sip of coffee and it sounded horrible; like it was way too thick to be real coffee. 

"We keep making eye contact, that's promising, right?" You giggled at her. She smiled at the boy and he came over and started a conversation with her. Like the good wing woman you were, you politely took a step away from them.

"Hello!" You turned to look at the girl who had just glided over to you. She was short, only coming up to about your shoulders. Her fingers drummed on the sketchbook she was carrying and she chewed on her bottom lip. Her hair was dyed a light blue that accented her warm mocha skin. Her green eyes seemed to dance with glee. 

"Hi." You whispered back, not sure what she wanted.

"What do you think about the Renaissance?" You smiled at her.

"I think it was a necessary time of creative freedom that helped people find an outlet for their emotions by serving as a canvas of opportunities. I also just like the colors." She giggled and pushed a bit of her hair behind her ear. 

"I'm Kaya." You smiled and shook her hand.

"(Y/N)." She pulled a slip of paper from her journal and gave it to you. 

"I think you have interesting views on art. I'd love to talk about it more sometime." The paper had a number written on it, her number presumably.