Jilly Putty and Evil Twins

~It wasn't me! It was my evil twin!~ -Anonymous.

"Want me to take 'em out? Maybe eat their families?" Rory was talking to Ethan when you sauntered up to them.

"Whose families are we eating?" Ethan shot you an incredulous look.

"We are not eating anyone's families!" Rory laughed whilst you let out a tiny giggle.

"Just kidding, man! You looked all, 'Oh, no, Rory's a maniac!' That was great." You high-fived Rory.

"Don't joke about that, okay? Sometimes I wonder what you do at night." You and Rory shared a knowing look.

"Oh, it's pretty nuts. The less you know, the better." Rory looked as if he were reliving some of the best moments of his life. 

"So, how'd the yearbook meeting go?" Ethan looked dejected as he slumped his shoulders.

"Hannah Price wants to use some lame old camera. For the photos. She probably doesn't even know she has to develop the old film." You saw Hannah walking up behind Ethan and felt the second-hand embarrassment crawling up your neck. "She's probably still staring at the back of the camera right now, wondering why the screen isn't working." You pointed behind him and he nervously smiled. "She's standing right behind me now, isn't she?"

"Yeah..... good luck with that, buddy." You pulled Rory away from the scene but stayed within earshot of their conversation. Ethan is the worst conversationalist you've ever heard. He disappeared, leaving Hannah very confused.

"Don't worry about him." You said as you reappeared before her. She was looking very nervous and antsy. "He's a nerd. Did you need help with something?"

"Yeah, um.... you're friends with them, right?" You nodded and she took a deep breath. "Well, I think that camera that Benny sold me is cursed?" You blinked in confusion.

"What camera?" She glanced around her as if she were looking or someone. 

"Come with me." You shrugged but followed her to the yearbook room. You immediately recognized the camera. "I took a photo to test it out before the class photos. And I think something really bad happened."

"You said you got this camera from Benny?" She nodded.

"Yeah, at his yard sale last Saturday?" You blinked again.

"He had a yard sale without me? Rude." You shook your head. "Okay, listen, this camera is a very bad thing. That's why it was locked away in his basement. How much did you pay for it?"

"Ten bucks." You took out your wallet and gave her a ten.

"Okay, I'll have someone handle this. Don't take any more pictures with it, okay?" She nodded and thanked you. You left the camera with a sheet over it and the words 'DO NOT TOUCH' written on a sticky note. Then you were off to find Benny.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Ethan!" You called out to your friend when you saw him exiting the cafeteria. He looked scared.

"Yeah?" He was twitching his fingers like he always does when he's nervous.

"Have you seen the idiot?" Ethan blinked a couple of times. "Benny. I'm talking about Benny."

"Oh, he just left to go clean his shirt after Hannah dumped his lunch all over him." You tilted your head. 

"What do you mean? Hannah would never...... Oh. Ethan, come with me. I'll catch you up." You briefly explained to Ethan what the camera was and why Hannah had been different each time he saw her.