Blue Moons and Cursed Best Friends

~He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!~ -Jk Rowling

You had no clue what you were supposed to be doing to help your best friends as they were currently being strangled to death in a jock's armpits.

"Ethan... talk to me, buddy. You okay?" Benny managed to choke out through his crushed windpipes. Do you call Sarah? Erica? Rory even? What does one do in this situation?

"Yeah, I'm great! Nothing like starting the day in some guy's armpit!" You sighed and put your phone away. This was going to be a long morning. You leaned down to Ethan and Benny.

"Guys, how can I help you? Do you want me to beat him up for you?" Before Ethan can accept your help, Benny denies it.

"Nope. We can fight our own battles now." Despite his protests, you doubt he would mind if you helped them.

"Alright, big guy," you stood up to your full height, "let my friends go or we're going to have problems." He huffed at you but let them go. Benny squealed like a pig that was being dragged to the slaughterhouse and stood slightly behind you. Ethan tried to protect himself as much as possible.

"All right! Listen up, geeks! From now on we are best buds. Got it?!" David yelled at you three.

"Yeah right! Like we would ever be friends wit-" You were cut off by Benny's arm wrapping around your waist and his other hand covering your mouth.

"Yeah! Awesome. Best buds forever. Yeah, totally cool." He told the guy. You let out an annoyed huff, but Benny only tightened his grip on you like he was warning you not to say anything. "Headlocks are like jock hugs." You gently yet firmly stepped on his foot. He hissed in pain but didn't let go.

"Awesome." David drawled. It was then that Benny finally let you go. "See you around, Bro 1, Bro 2, and Sis-tuh!" He then proceeded to punch Benny and Ethan's shoulders and ruffle your hair violently, leaving it in a tangled mess. He then pranced away like jocks do. Ethan clutched his shoulder in pain.

"That..." Benny breathed, "...was awesome!" You glared at him through a mess of hair.

"Say that again, Weir." You slightly glared at him. He flinched but repeated himself anyway. You huffed at him before storming off to find Sarah. You weren't the kind of girl that carried a hairbrush and makeup bag with her everywhere she went. Sarah on the other hand, she was. You found her switching books for the day at her locker.

"Hey, Sarah!" You jogged up to her, getting a couple of weird lookers from passerbys. "I need a little help."

"What happened to your hair!?" She gasped drawing, even more, attention to you than you wanted.

"Jock guy messing with Ethan and Benny. For some reason, we are now his 'best buds'. He ruined my hair and he smells really gross." Sarah rolled her eyes and reached into her locker for her brush.

"You owe me one." She told you as she motioned for you to turn around.

"I always owe you one."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Candy bars?" You questioned as you walked into the common lounge with Benny.

"Sweet!" He cheered and picked up three of them. You rolled your eyes but gathered a few of your own. "Who's got two thumbs, three free candy bars, and is best buds with David Stachowski?" He asked Ethan and Sarah as he sat in the armchair adjacent to them. You sat on the armrest next to Ethan. "That's right, this guy!"

"I, uh, see what you mean." Sarah sighed motioning to Benny. You giggled when Benny looked slightly offended.

"It gets worse. It's like he's inserted himself into my life." Ethan complained as he proceeded to tell the three of you about David's late-night visit to Ethan's house. You rubbed Ethan's back sympathetically.