Chapter 4

HELLO! I wanna say that I’m sorry that this took so long.

But go ahead and read on, but don’t forget to show your appreciation.

Recap:

“Can Alice stay for the story?” Bella asked in her sweetest voice.

“You can stay for the story, Alice” I could not resist her. Alice ran to the other side of the bed and Bella scooted over near me. I breathed in her scent and it made my throat burn just a bit, she smelled sweet almost as sweet as sweet as vanilla, blood. Alice sat on the other side of Bella and we sat so close to her that she shivered. I pulled the crochet blanket around her and she snuggled in. Alice took a piece of Bella’s hair into two fingers and I shot her a glance

Sorry. Just trying to see what I’ll be working with,

she thought. I relaxed into the bed ,even though it was unnecessary, and began the story I had longed to read for what seemed forever.

Chapter 4 : Edward

“No. I don’t like it.” she activist childishly.

“Bella if you just listen to the story I’m sur-”

“No. I don’t like it”she shreaked. How could she be so stubborn? She wouldn’t even give me a chance.

“Edward. She doesn’t want to hear it. Let her pick a book” Alice said calmly.

“Fine” I muttered. I glanced at Bella and began to lose irritation. She brightly smiled, almost sneaky. She looked over the books and thought before choosing a book that stopped my breathing. Opps, Alice thought, I forgot to take that out of the pile.

I let out a breath. “Alice, what the hell?” I hissed under my breath to low for Bella to hear.

“The History of Vampires?” I asked out loud. “Now that is not my book”

“I know that, not all of these are yours. Some of them are Jasper’s. I ran out of options for children’s book”

“How is ‘History of Vampires’ a children’s book” I demanded. I expected better of Alice, who now seems to have had no experience with children.

“For God’s sake Edward, it’s just mythical stories” she cried.

“They are more then that.” I pointed out.

“Edward. She’s not going to think much of it because she’s a child” I looked over at Bella prepared to see a small innocent confused face.

Instead Bella was nowhere in sight.

“Now see what you did Alice” I said getting up out of the bed “ You let her get past ‘stupid mythical creatures’ while we’re sitting on the bed looking like idiots ,arguing” Alice bounced up off the bed and landed softly on her feet then smoothed out her skirt.

I walked out of the room and thought. If Bella were in this house who would she mostly be with? Then I smirked and ran to Rosalie and Emmet’s room in unhuman speed. The door was cracked open and I let it slide alittle more.

“Bella” I called “Where can that girl be?” I felt Alice’s presence behind me, unnecessary backup. I let the door glide all the way open hitting the wall hard. Emmett and Rosalie were on the floor making out, Rosalie strangling Emmett’s hips. When they heard the bang, Rosalie’s head snapped up and Emmet’s head looked back slowly.

“Dammit, Edward. What the hell ,man?” Emmett demanded. Rosalie got off him and Emmet rolled over on his stomach.

“Sorry” I apologized and Alice and I started to back out. As much as I was hoping that Bella might be in here I was actually glad she wasn’t. “We thought you might be playing with Bella. She disappered from us” I explained.

“So you’re playing hide-and-go-seek” Emmet got up off the floor “Sounds fun. I’m game”

**************