Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen:
"I'll See You Soon."
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Bill

After it happened, Bill's stutter got worse. He stopped sleeping, his grades dropped, he stopped eating, he stopped enjoying life.

He hardly ever smiled anymore, and if he did, it never reached his eyes.

His days blended together now. Life became dull.. almost meaningless without her. He laid in bed day after day, clutching a picture he had of her. The only picture he had of her.

He remembered the day perfectly. He missed those days. The simpler ones.. the warmer ones. The innocent ones. The days he'd spend hours gazing at her as she spoke so gracefully.

He remembered the look on her face as the clown mercilessly stabbed It's claw through her stomach. He remembered the fear in her eyes as he rested her against the wall. He remembered the first, and last, 'I love you' he'd ever hear from her.

Bill remembered how her voice trembled as she spoke those final words.

Bill wouldn't let anyone lay a finger on the leather jacket, it was the last thing he had of her. It was the last thing she'd touched, too. He knew he'd treasure that for the rest of his life.

Bill talked to her every day, just hoping she'd be able to hear him from up above.

Heather Scott truly did change his life and he was never the same after her death. Bill regretted dragging her into that mess every day of his life.

Bill missed her utterly, completely, tragically. And as the earth froze from the bitterly cold winter months, as did his heart.

Ben

Ben was effected quite a lot by her death. He didn't write as much anymore, poems or otherwise. His days were spent cooped up in the library, praying for an escape from the pain thinking about her brought.

His research stopped completely, as he couldn't find the willpower to do it any longer. His mom could never figure out what happened.. why he stopped being himself.

Ben could still remember how she smiled at him when he told her that Bill liked her.

He could still remember the pained look in her eyes when she saw Bill and Beverly in that bathroom.

He could still remember her.

Mike

Mike went about his day pretending that nothing was wrong. He did his chores, his deliveries, his farm work, all with a smile. Because he had to. He was the strong friend. He had to be strong for everyone else so they wouldn't fall apart.

But on the inside.. On the inside Mike was falling apart. He lost his best friend that day, and he'd remember the images of that damn clown killing her every day, vowing to put an end to It once and for all.

He would make sure that Heather Scott was avenged.

Eddie