Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:
"She's Like A Wildfire."
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Oh, shit!" Heather exclaimed after seeing Henry Bowers shoving Mike's face into raw meat. "What an asshole!"

Beverly quickly picked up a rock before launching it, nailing Henry straight in the forehead.

"Nice throw." Stan complimented, looking from the boy on the ground to the redhead.

"Thanks." Beverly spoke, watching as Mike stumbled over to the group.

"Here, I got you." Heather smiled comfortingly at him, pulling him up from the water. "You good?"

"I'm good." He confirmed with a nod. Heather nodded before leaning down and picking up a rock with the others.

"You loser's are trying to hard.. Beverly'll do you.. you just gotta ask nicely. Like I did." Henry gripped his crotch as he spoke. "But that Heather Scott? She's a prude. Don't even bother with her. She's probably a fucking dyke anyway!"

Bill's right eye twitched as he tightened his grip on the rock he held, "Sh-Sh-Shut up, B-B-B-Bow-Bowers!"

"You couldn't fuck her if you tried!" Heather seethed squaring up to throw the rock. "And you can't fucking use that word!"

Ben let out an angry scream, throwing the rock, nailing him right in the forehead.

Heather smirked, throwing the next rock. She hit Victor Criss right in the eye.

"Shit, that's gonna leave a mark on your pretty face, isn't it?" Heather said sarcastically, quoting what he said to her when he tried to convince her to join the gang all those months ago.

Beverly threw the next one, hitting Bowers in the face. Stan was next, he hit Henry Bowers again.

"Rock war!" Richie shouted before getting hit in the face with a rock. He fell over immediately after.

"Ow, shit!" Heather hissed as a rock nailed her in the forehead, she gripped the rock and raised her hand to her forehead.  After seeing blood on her hand she scoffed, licking her teeth. "Well, that's just absolutely fan-fucking-tastic."

Bill, noticing this, roughly took the rock from Richie and threw it without batting an eye. Belch fell to the ground as he got hit right in the nuts.

She turned to the boy who threw it at her, Belch Huggins, and launched it at him.

A sickening crunch sound was heard followed by a scream. "Y-You.. You broke my fucking n-n-nose!"

"Take that, you bitch!" Heather snickered, flipping him off. "Maybe that'll fix your burping problem!"

The boy let out loud muffled curses as blood seeped through his hands. Heather grimaced at the sight, realizing she seriously fucked up the boy's nose.

Victor Criss hightailed it like a small child who had just been scolded, causing Heather to roll her eyes.

Belch was next, his blood covered hands never leaving his face and the cursing never stopping as he ran away through the woods. Slowly, the group began leaving after successfully winning the rock war.

"Go blow your dad you mullet wearing asshole!" Richie flipped him off before joining the group and leaving..

Silence over took them as they walked past the train tracks. Blood continued to trickle down from her cut, but she didn't notice. The adrenaline pumping through her veins prevented her from feeling any pain.

"Thanks, guys. But he's gonna be after you, too now." Mike said from the back of the group. "You didn't have to do that."

"Oh, Bowers? Nah, he's always been after us." Eddie said, turning his head to look at Mike.

"He's an asshole! I'd gladly beat his ass any day

"Yeah! Welcome to the Loser's club, homeschool!" Richie welcomed him with a smile.

They continued walking in silence until they arrived at the edge of the forest.

The group all began sitting around on fallen trees and talking amongst themselves.

Bill watched her sit down on the log, taking a deep breath before sitting beside her.

"He-Hey, we s-s-s-sh-should cl-clean th-that u-up.." Bill spoke, gently reaching forward and touching her forehead.

Heather winced, reaching up to pull Bill's hand away.

Her cold hand brushed against his warm one, causing him to inhale sharply.

Heather's heart skipped a beat as she wrapped her hand around his. "I'm okay, Bill."

Bill visibly gulped as his eyes trailed down to her lips before back up to her hazel eyes.

Heather's eyes widened as she quickly looked away, clearing her throat as she let go off his hand.

She missed how it felt and the warmth it brought immediately, but she just couldn't bring herself to reach for him again.

Eddie turned to them, letting out a yelp when he saw her.

"Heather!" He screamed, "Oh, holy, shit, Heather!"

Heather cringed, "What?"

"You could get fucking AIDs!" He shrieked, "Or, or, or, or-"

"HIV? Sepsis?" Heather rose a brow, wincing when it moved her cut.

"Yes!"

"Calm down, Eddie, Heather won't get any of that stuff." Beverly comforted, tussling her red hair.

"Yeah, calm down, Eddie.. no need to get so worked up over little ol' me.." Heather smiled gently, "Right, Bill?"

"Wr-Wrong." He smiled, his hair bouncing when he shook his head. "Yo-You're super c-co-cool.."

The corners of Heather's mouth turning up in a smile. "Aw, thanks, Bill."

She nudged him gently with her shoulder.

"Ew, fucking gross! Stop flirting so much!" Richie threw a leaf at them, though it didn't make it very far.

"He isn't flirting." Heather deadpanned, rolling her eyes. "Honestly, Richie."

"Whatever! You're so gonna fuck and then you're gonna get knocked up and then get married because you're scarier than hell itself threatens him with a gun."

"Uh.. that's.. oddly specific.." Heather muttered to herself.

"I'm a physic."

"Uh, right.."

Laughter erupted from the group, later that day Heather laughed so hard she fell onto Bill.

Bill was pretty sure his heart stopped in that moment.

Hours later, when the sun began to set, Heather decided she had to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked, her attention on Bill.

"Ye-Yea-Yeah, duh.." Bill grinned, looking up at her as she stood.

"Cool. Later, losers." Heather gave a small wave before shoving her hands in her leather jacket and walking off.

Once she was out of earshot, Stan spoke.

"Be careful, Bill. She's like a wildfire, and where there's fire.. you're bound to be burned." Stan warned, watching as Heather's figure disappeared into the distance.

Bill was silent for a moment before he spoke, "I'm willing to take that chance."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ Word Count: 1111 }

{ A/n: another chapter tonight?? fueled by what?? idk and im so so fucking soft for them ack 🥺}

{ Edited: Not really. }