Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen:
"We Should've Just Left."
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Heather!" A voice called out, followed by loud banging on her door.

Heather groaned at the sound of him. He was disturbing her meal.

"O-O-Open the d-door!" The banging continued.

Heather grunted as she pushed back her chair and walked over to the door.

"Shut up, my dad's asleep." Heather crossed her arms. Her eyes softened when she saw Bill wearing her jacket.

The loser's stood behind him, minus Beverly.

"Is this some kind of intervention or some shit? What? Do you think I'm on drugs?" Heather scoffed, leaning against the door frame. "Newsflash! Marijuana isn't a drug."

Bill furrowed his eyebrows, "Y-You s-s-sm-smoke marijuana?"

Heather straightened her back, crossing her arms. "No."

"U-Um.. okay.."

"Anyway, what do you want. And where's Beverly? Heard you walked her home." Heather crossed her arms and looked Bill up and down.

"I'm sorry." Bill apologized, "For everything."

Heather nodded, "It's okay. So, uh, is my house like the new gathering spot or some shit? Because, I can guarantee you, it's not a good id-"

"Beverly's missing." Mike interrupted. "And we have to go get her."

An overwhelming sense of dread filled Heather's body as her mouth fell open. "Oh.. let's go get her."

Heather stepped forward, Bill blushing at their close proximity.

Heather clicked her tongue as she walked down the stairs and picked up her bike from the grass. "Shall we? Gotta save that girl."

The boys quickly hopped onto their bikes and followed Bill's lead to the Neibolt house.

"This is scary as shit, you know. Like, what the fuck?" Heather shook her head as she stared up at it. "Sometimes I feel like none of this is even real."

Richie reached over and pinched her. "Ow, fuck off."

Bill rolled his eyes, intertwining his fingers with Heather's.

"Scared?" Heather asked, squeezing his hand tightly in hers.

"A l-l-little bit." He raised his free hand to gesture.

"Me too." Heather shrugged, "But don't worry, Bill. I'll protect you from the monsters."

Heather inhaled deeply as she stared up at the abandoned house. She shook her head, trying to reassure herself.

"Let's beat this bitch ass clown up, am I right?" Heather stepped forward, pulling Bill along with her.

As Bill pulled open the door, the realization hit her.