4. Numb

Hello my young children. I know it has been over 6 months. I'm so terribly sorry.

I'll fill you in though! And give you the most lame excuse possible right so here I go:

Every time I go to write this I'm like:

Ew. I hate Evaina.

Now I'm not!

IMPORTANT INFO:

This story is officially off hold and expect weekly updates. I'm sorry if Evaina's changed a little. Eh:L oh well! Go tell me what you think of my new story too aye?

ALSO:

I may shorten this book and end it early so I can start the next one.

OR:

I'm just gonna chuck the rest of it into one book?

Dunno?

OR:

I'm going to put the next book in this one and make a third and just end it there.

Cause I don't want to drag it out longer than its welcome. You know?

You all just wanna see who wins.

~Numb ~

I sighed, taking a deep breath looking out towards the sunrise, my dad and I use to do this all the time. He'd wake me up early and we'd just talk as we watched. A tear slid down my face. I didn't know what to believe anymore, was I strong enough to face Sullivan?

No...

"I'm such an idiot..." I whispered to myself.

Sullivan, has Derrick twisted around his fingers. He has the whole kingdom believing the death of my parents is the king's responsibility and I plan to take the thrown and punish the kingdom. I honestly don't know why they haven't thrown me into the dungeons, yet, it would be less painful.

How can he possibly gain so much respect back? He is evil, a monster. He deserves to die. I've spent the past week trying to grasp someone as a friend, anyone; but not a single soul gave me a second glance. I did nothing.

I felt like nothing too, if that was a feeling.

Numb.

Emotionless.

Cold.

Isolation does that to you.

"Excuse me, miss?" I didn't recognise the maid but she seemed to share the same disgusted look on her face that every other one did, I nodded to her. "Prince Derrick is requesting to see you."

Honestly, I didn't want to see him. Sure I really liked him and all but after what's been going on... I know he hated me, and was it wrong that I didn't want him confessing it to me? I don't think I can deal with this on top of this shit going down with Sullivan. Dismissing the maid I left for his chamber.

Butterfly erupted in my stomach.

I wasn't ready for this.

"Evaina," his voice... he was... emotionless. Derrick sat on the chair staring into the distance I couldn't see his face as it was hidden behind the shadows of the curtain. "Glad you came."

Lie. I could feel it. "No you're not." I whispered looking down.

He chuckled, it wasn't full of life like it used to be, and it didn't dance and echoed inside of my ears like it did once too. It was just there, like he was a stranger, someone I'd never even glanced upon, "I guess you heard."