1. Action.

Hello! Yes! The story is back! Chapters short :S Haven't detailed out whats going to happen yet so blame my brain because its hurting heaps. Sorry for the long wait just needed to clear out my thoughts to start fresh :) PEACE AND LOVE ♥

~Skittelez

Chapter One

~Action~

People surrounded me, caging me in, everyone’s excitement bubbled and bounced off of others. Noise arose and echoed continuously. As I stepped into the stadium, I stumbled my way over to the higher parts, where the other ladies were. “Excuse me, miss?” Some tall guy hissed I eyed him suspiciously before nodding for him to continue, “You’re not allowed past this area.” He pushed me backwards and I nearly fell, he laughed sending shivers down my body. I cringed, the pit of my stomach twisting and turning. I gave him a nasty opening my mouth to speak when a very familiar chuckle was heard.

“Let the lady up.” Derrick demanded, the knight automatically moved and made way for me, I stomped past Derrick ignoring his apologising gaze. “What no thank you?”

I laughed sarcastically, “I could have handled that myself.”

It was now Derricks turn to laugh, “If you had, you’d end up getting guillotined today just like you’re so called ‘friends’.”

I snapped my eyes to his, “Sue has done nothing!”

Sue had done nothing, why would he assume it was Sue. I told him it was Hay-lo! It was Hay-lo… Tears began to drip down my eyes and as if on cue the grey clouds above thundered and began letting thousands of droplets of water, drip over the stadium. I could hear the hiss of Sue’s pleading voice, and I closed my eyes in utter pain.

“Evaina…” My eyes snapped open an intense burning of hatred possessing them.

“Derrick, I don’t have to talk to you. In fact I don’t want to ever talk to you again.” The rain soaked everyone’s dress. It wasn’t long after that, that the king called it off claiming he didn’t want to get sick.

I stomped away; well at least I thought it was away. I headed straight towards where Sue was being led away. “Let her go.” I ordered the guard-Clarke- whose hands gripped Sue’s wrists way too tightly.

“Lady Evaina, you know we can’t.” Clarke said giving me a tight smile.

My hands squeezed into fists and the rain became heavier, “I said, let her go!” I screamed, it venom dripping of every word. I wouldn’t lose yet another important person. I had lost too many, I had the opportunity to stop this one, and I can assure you I wouldn’t let it slide.

Clarke let go off her, and backed away. I grabbed a hold of Sue and hugged her tightly. “Evaina what are you doing?” Nathaniel’s voice barked.

I glared at him. “Ugh, I’m the lady Hay-Lo bashed you moron!” Nathaniel looked taken back like it was a surprise.

“But…”

“There are not buts about it, it was me, and Sue had absolutely nothing to do with it.” I shot daggers at him daring him to say otherwise he sighed gesturing for them to leave Sue be.

I gawked at him, “You serious?”

Nathaniel laughed and nodded, “But Lady Evaina keep in mind that I am your king. I encourage you to correct me when I’m wrong, but do not insult, me. Lady or not, peasant or family you will be hung.”

I curtsied and nodded, pulling Sue into my arms, “Thank you, and thank you.”

I let my hands trail, through her hair in a comforting gesture. Derrick shouldn’t have done what he had. His face had looked so empty when I told him, like nobody meant anything to him in that moment, he was almost… vulnerable.

It was the next day I had found out, he had indeed cared, in fact he was furious so furious he had exaggerated the whole thing to the king, what Hay-lo had done was already a big crime. Insulting/hurting someone of a higher position of you was meant to be resulted in the dungeon, but insulting/hurting a lady or royal member was high treason, and resulted in death.

Derrick’s exaggeration, had led Sue in it too, I couldn’t forgive him. He had tried to save her; he had dedicated everything he could to saving her, but it wasn’t enough. It was wrong of me to hold it against him, I knew that but there was something pulling me to not forgiving him, the fact that he didn’t want to be forgiven. This morning was the first time I had talked to him since I had told him.

He’d done everything he could to avoid me, to make sure I was never where he was and so I realised I’d have to go to him, but I was tired of that, for the past month, in our weird relationship if we had a fight, I’d always have to come to him. It was his turn now, to prove how much I meant to him. Who knows? Maybe I meant nothing to him, and the whole time he was using me. Hell, he may even be sitting with Gwen right now laughing about it… I mean that was his history. And history never went away no matter how much you tried to delete its existence.

When I arrived in my chambers I sat down carefully fixated on the small letter on the wooden table. Fearing of it being from Derrick I ignored it, and laid on the lounge, and closed my eyes. Think of something else Evaina…

But the letter kept cutting through my thoughts, my eyes snapped open, and I looked towards the letter again. I couldn’t ignore it forever, but I could ignore it for a while. I did want to open it, but if it was an apology I wanted him to tell me himself not write it down on a note.

I let out a groan of frustration slamming my hand on the letter, and picking it up. It had been folded in to two, I quickly unfolded. Three words were scribbled messily on the paper.

Sullivan’s back

~Jessica

I froze my heart thudding against my chest. Just as I thought I could be left alone… someone worse arrives.