Let Me Be

Slightly opening his eyes, Shota checked his surroundings. In his arms, he held a delicate jade vine. He didn't know a lot about flowers, but he overheard Emi and Midnight talking about some flowers they wanted to see someday. Some of the flowers they mentioned were the opposite of the definition of beautiful, but the Jade Vine reminded him of Emi. Comparing her personality to the flower, they were both extremely unique. The flower's color and beauty resembled Emi perfectly. The Jade Fine is a light bluish-green color and is extremely difficult to find because it's endangered. He was harder to find than her more often, but he could say that he would never meet another person like Emi ever.
Brushing her hair out of her face, he began studying it as the moonlight shone down on her. He caressed her soft, smooth face feeling each detail. Her skin was flawless making it seem as if she barely struggled with any skin conditions. Moving his focus to her eyes, he noticed how the outer part of her eyelids was wider than the central portion making her eyes appear to be larger. When her eyes opened, it felt like he was staring into a dark emerald.

Thinking back, he had never felt attracted to her. Why were there all these sudden thoughts going through his mind? Was it because Emi had told him what she meant all of those times when she hit on him or did he feel sorry for her because of her depression. Would he really swoop low enough to make her feel better until she didn't need him anymore. No, he wasn't heartless. If he did that to her, he believed that he didn't have a heart. Honestly, he would give her permission to make his life a living hell if he left her. Plus the fact that Eri adored Emi and was attached to her was a clear sign that she was a significant influence for the girl.

Waking up, Emi gave a warm smile. "Good morning, sunshine."

Shifting his weight to his elbow, he supported his head with his right hand so he could face Emi. "You're awake. Since when have I ever been called sunshine? I'm usually the grouchiest person in the room."

"How long have you been staring at me before I woke up?" She began to chuckle when Shota blushed at her comment.

Making up an excuse, Shota came up with the first that came into his head. "I was thinking about the future and just happened to be looking in your direction."

Rolling her eyes at him, she tossed over to the other side of the bed. "Whatever."

"Emi...I couldn't deal with myself if I ever hurt you." He struggled to find words as he spoke. Tightening his grip on his sheets, he couldn't relieve himself of the guilt of what transpired last night.

Shifting her body, she moved herself to face Shota. Staring into his eyes, they were full of confusion, remorse, and sympathy. She could tell by studying the expression of his eyes and face; he had mixed emotions. She felt horrid to think that he was blaming himself for what happened yesterday or that he thought he was walking on broken glass. "Shota, you are not responsible for me and what happens in it. Right now, I can say that you've made it better for me." Giving a small smile, she warmly stated, "I appreciate that you care about me and my wellbeing."

Fondling his fingers through her soft, voluminous hair, he read her face as she expressed her thoughts about the two of them. Even if she thought he wasn't responsible for her, he was responsible for his actions towards her. "I just want the best for you, and I want to be the one who can provide it for you." Briefly pausing, he thought through his concerns and if he wanted to share that with her. "Emi, I want you to know that I am not spending time with you just because of your depression. I enjoy the time we spend together. I'm not sure if it's because of what you disclosed with me, but I've noticed that I feel comfortable with you. Not that I don't dislike or hate who are when we see each other in public, but these last few weeks and days, you have seemed so much real. You're easier to talk to, willing to listen, very genuine. I know you have a certain character, personality, or vibe you bring to your fans and the world when you're out on the job or around other people. But I wish that I would have seen who the real Emi just being of a situation like this. I want to make sure that you feel comfortable with our relationship. I would hate to overstep any boundaries."