Practice

After an eventful science class, the fearleading squad headed to the gym.

"I don't care, Frankie, I'm not letting those new ghouls on the fearleading squad. Especially her." Frankie quickly got in front of Cleo, effectively stopping the entire group.

"But Bloodgood said we had to do everything we could to make them feel welcome. I mean, we are the welcoming committee."

Ghoulia had approached with a drink in her hand, however, Cleo snatched it away before she could take a sip, "Thanks, Ghoulia."

You all stared at Cleo as she sipped on Ghoulia's drink, then Frankie's bolts electrified, "You know the whole school looks up to you, Cleo. I mean, if you allow Gory and her ghouls to be on your team, they'll start to emulate you!"

Cleo looked away in thought with a smile on her face, "They do look up to me. And I am nothing, if not magnanimous." She then took her place back at the lead of the group, "Very well. They can be on the team. As long as they realize who's in charge." She raised an eyebrow at Frankie.

"Oh! They totally will. Absolutely!" You couldn't help rest your hand on your forehead. If you knew anything about Gory from her brief introduction. She and Cleo were definitely gonna butt heads.

Everyone got dressed in their uniforms. Even the new vampires who were supposed to be trying out.

Gory lifted a fit onto the wooden place podium and clapped her hands to get everyone's attention, "Alright. Cut the chatter, Time to practice, " She stood completely onto the podium now, "Now, line up for drills."

From beside Frankie, you heard Cleo make a displeased hum as she step onto the podium as well, "Gory, is it? Who got mummified and made you leader." She got to the same level as Gory and stuck her arm out to point a finger in her face.

Gory uncrossed her arms and placed one hand upon her chest, "Well, I'm the fearleading captain for the number one fearleading team anywhere."

Cleo did the same gesture with one of her hands, "Um, I'm the fear captain for the number one team everywhere. I'm-" She put her hands down at her side and stood up straighter, "I'm the leader!"

"Why don't we put it to a vote." Gory stepped down and held her hand up to Cleo's face. "All in favor of me." Everyone originally from Belfry Prep raised their hands. Gory had a pleased smile on her face till she looked over to Draculaura. She got real close to her, "You don't vote for your own kind? Vamp-stabbing traitor." Draculaura put her hands up to her chest in offense.

"All in favor of me." Then, everyone from the original Monster High squad raised their hands for Cleo.

After surveying the room, you raised your hand, "Each side has five girls."

Gory and Cleo gave each other a nasty look. Frankie folded her hands behind her back at the results and gave a nervous laugh, "Looks like it's a tie. What do we do now?"

Across the court, Clawd was playing casketball with Romulus. Next point won the game. With no effort at all, Clawd scored over Romulus' head. "Huh, somebody's been practicing," He patted Clawd on the back, "You got mad game, Clawd."

Clawd hit Romulus' arm with his elbow, "You too, Dude. Big time. Man, it's so good to see you! It's been too long." Then, they grabbed each other's forearm.

"The pack is strength,"

"The pack is life." Clawd finished their chant, and they played a few more games before sitting down. Romulus drank some water before tapping Clawd with the bottle.

"Hey, remember those normie kids who lived next door to you? And they kept hitting their baseball into your yard?" They both laughed at the childhood memory.

"And we chased them," Clawd put his arms up in a terrified manner, "They'd be screamin', runnin'. Aw man, classic!"

At that moment, a few vampire boys, led by Bram, came into the gym. Romulus gave them a nasty look and growled while Clawd got up, "You guys can go ahead and get warmed up. Then we can start practice." He tossed the ball to Bram.

Bram caught it and looked back up at Clawd, "No, that's cool. We'll play on the other side."

"Alright? Suit yourself." Clawd watched as they all migrated to the other side of the court. You, Frankie, and Draculaura walked past them as they did so. Bram spun the ball on his finger and gave you a smile. You all walked up to Clawd and Romulus as Frankie stared at the vampire group with worry.

"Hey, Clawd." You stopped thinking about the vampires to give Clawd a friendly smile with Frankie as Draculaura spoke, "We're heading over to the Coffin Bean after practice. Wanna meet us?"

"Yeah, that sounds cool. Oh, hey!" Clawd stepped to the side to give Romulus a better view of the tiny vampire, "I wanted to introduce you two. This is my oldest friend, Romulus." Romulus gave us a smile as he looked over the three of us. Clawd rested one of his hands around Draculaura's shoulder and used the other to gesture to her, "This is my ghoul, Draculaura."

"Woah, wow." His smile dropped, "Your ghoul, huh? That's, uh, cool." He scratched the back of his head and stood up quickly. "Hey, uh, real nice to meet you."

Then he walked past Clawd but stopped before he passed you and Frankie, "Ladies." He slightly lowered himself in a lazy bowing gesture, and gently grabbed your hand to shake it between his two. Then he walked off.

'These new mansters sure are weird.'

You watched as he walked away and didn't miss the dirty look he gave to the vampires, or the look the vampires gave him in return.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry to bother you with an author's note, but do any of y'all happen to like School for Good and Evil, I wanted to write a couple of stories for some of the characters and just wanted to see if any of you guys would be interested.