3.1

In the beginning, we were so naive. Our mother had made us into beasts who fed on blood. But immortality was beyond our grasp, compulsion a trick we had yet to learn. All we knew was a fear of being hunted... That, and a terrible hunger. So we ran, as a family. And when we needed to, as a family, we fed. Oh how times have changed.

It's been six months since Nik cursed the Crescent pack. The first five months were alright. I was pregnant once again with Jack's child. Just like the first pregnancy Jack was forced from my side. I spent most of my days with Marcel and Jolie. Freya and Elijah would visit us often.

I would write to Bekah from time to time.

My dear Rebekah, I hope this finds you well. I still remain at odds with Nik, as does Elijah. Nik will never apologize not for the blood he's shed, nor the suffering Jackson and Hayley continue to endure and Elijah and I can never forgive him. Despite Freya's efforts we are a house divided. Niklaus kept his word, Marcel controls the Quarter. There, he has founded a fight gym in the old St. Anne's Church where he tests the mettle of those who wish to join his vampire community. Elijah has begun joining him for sparring. I believe it helps him work through his anger... and he has much anger. If I weren't pregnant I think I would do the same. Jolie continues to flourish, it is clear she misses her father. I keep trying to undo the curse. Time is ticking down on my pregnancy and the thought of having to abandon my children is unbearable. Despite Freya's best efforts, she has yet to find the means to undo the spell. Jack struggles, unable to see his child except for one night a month during the full moon. And we're in no position to ask for outside help. Davina's rage at our family has only grown. And, as Regent of all covens, she is far too formidable to be swayed. Meanwhile, Niklaus has begun to see Camille for what he calls "their little chats." He claims a desire to amend his ways. In truth, he seems utterly free of remorse... which only drives Elijah and I further away.

That was my last letter to Bekah, before I gave birth, a month ago now. Since then, I haven't been able to see my baby boy, or Jolie. Tonight is the full moon, and I hope that Elijah and Freya will bring my children to see Jack and I. Maybe Jack and I will even be able to name our son. I didn't want to do it without him. I named Jolie without him, it didn't seem fair to do it again.

When the full moon rises I turn human for the first time in a month. I can't imagine how Jack has felt the past six months. A month away from my children was enough for me. My excitement grows as I make my way to what I believe is my shack in the Bayou, when everything goes black.

I awaken on the floor of what looks like a tomb. I'm trapped in a magical circle made of salt and is surrounded by lit white candles. I can hear footsteps approaching me. I see Davina walking towards me with a bundle in her hands.

"What the hell am I doing here? Why am I trapped?" I question.

Davina rolls her eyes and throws the bundle at me. It's a blanket that I wrap around myself. "I used magic to draw you here and to keep you a captive audience."

I stand to my feet. "Davina, I need to see my children."

"I'm sorry, but there's something I need you to do for me first," Davina tells me.

I glare at Davina before she wanders off. I begin to furiously beat against the magical boundary with one hand as I scream in anger, "AGHHHH! AGHHHHHHHH!" Finally, Davina comes back into the room with her arms full of supplies. "Davina, let me out of here right now, or I swear I will kill you."

Davina rolls her eyes and tosses a shirt and jeans at me before holding up a blood bag. "You can try. Or, we can have a polite conversation."

"You magically kidnapped me on the one night that I can see my daughter and my month old son. Do not talk to me about 'polite!"' I shout.