五つ

you sat in your room, on your bed, your face snuggled into a book. the hot summer day consisted of literal boredom. your friends have been long gone on vacations or road trips around the country or jumping into cold pools and oceans. and you, were stuck in corner of your room streaming live lofi playlists on youtube. you were in the mist of your book you didn't notice the loud beeping noise of a truck from outside. you got up from your bed and headed towards the side window and peeked outside. 

new neighbors ?

you were super excited getting new neighbors,, it's been a while since someone inhabited the house next door. the last time someone lived in it, it was a widower who soon left to live with their son. especially it being such a lonely neighborhood, you never thought you might find someone close or near your age. if you happen to find one today, you're summer might not be as lonely as you thought it'd be. 

you ran downstairs to the kitchen where you found your mum.

"mum! we're getting new neighbors?"

"yes bub, we are. did you not notice the sold sign?"

you never notice anything super small like that.

"uhh no??"

"well, there's a guy that'll live there. he's going to go to the same school as you. you might as well become friends i guess. here, hand these muffins i just baked."

"eye- okay."

she hands you the plate of muffins and you head out the door. you walk over to the house and notice how awkward it is to be standing there while a group of people are working their butts off getting things out of the large truck. you blank out,, and someone walks over.

"hi" he says.

"uh- hi?" 

"are you our new neighbors?" you say.

"i could say so" he replies w a smile.

you couldn't help but admit he was very sweet looking.

"well,, here, these are for you !!" you hand him the plate. 

"thanks. uh whats your name?" he asks.

"y-y/n" hhhhhhh

"nice name,, i'm kio. i hope we can become friends :)" he says.

"i don't mind" you say ♥

you walk back to your house with a bright smile on your face. maybe this summer aint too bad after all.

___________

kio as your new neighbor 

i hope this wasn't too bad >.< 

thank you for 8k reads i love all of you ♥

until next time !!