Chapter 3

Sian headed me into an enormous room with a gigantic computer I mean CTDD I guess, anyway he told me to sit on a long leather chair that's connected to the CTDD, I did so without any objection.

"Whenever you feel like sleeping sit on this chair and your dreams will automatically be displayed on the huge screen over there. Each dreamer has a copartner that sticks with him at all times, meet yours , Dr.May she will be your copartner, I'll leave you two to get along and I'll come later to see how everything worked out."

As Sian walked out I was left out with an approximately 20 years old blonde her warm hazel eyes made me feel that I could relay on her and trust her, She was dressed in a white lab coat with a code on her back as well.

"Hey there Grace I am Dr.May but as we will stick together a lot you can just call me May, I'll control and help your dreams to benefit you not rather than hurting you." May said greet-fully.

My face expression transformed into a wide smile I felt like I could trust her for no particular reason, I got relived.

"Alright May so how does all this work?" I asked.

"Well.. It's a bit complicated but hey we have the whole day, don't we?" she blinked.

We both giggled

"Okay. so dreamers are unique people, I believe you heard that before, anyways when an ordinary person falls to sleep and starts dreaming they usually dream randomly, things they want, things they have done, or any other stuff but each one has a meaning, what's different about dreamers is that they dream about future see things others can't see. pro-dreamers are people who can manage and control their dreams professionally, They can transform their bodies into the dream but as they do, it's like they travel to another dimension, what they do in their dreams ACTUALLY happens even if it's in future. For your future prophecies we.. I mean dreamers are strictly not allowed to play with the past because it can change the present and the future, Dreamers can have nightmares which is extremely bad because it means that you are about to face a serious threat, the longer you have them the more serious danger you're in, it rarely happens so relax. Am excited for you Grace and I would really love to try this now, shall we?"

This talk was beyond my expectations I never expected myself to be in this situation. "I....I guess ... we can why not!!"

"Grace I assure you, You can trust on me, and there is absolutely nothing to be worried about, by the way I am as nervous as you are, It's the first time I control dreams I've been studying how to my whole life, but I was left for the best, which is you, Sian thinks that you have something special. Now cut the talk and move to work."

As I laid down on the chair, May handed me over a rubber cap with a wire that's connected to the CTDD, It wasn't comfortable sleeping in this position, Especially with a weird rubber cap on, but I had no choice, May turned on that weird screen, a raucous din almost blew my mind rang. It was so vexing.

As soon as I closed my eyes I got in a heavy sleep.

****

A forest with keys on trees instead of leaves, a small girl pacing as if something was chasing her, she was running out of breath. She slowed down by a river, took her breath and took a key from the tree, but it wasn't just any key as soon as she plucked it from the tree it turned gold. She walked away and as she got further the dream was about to end.

****

Few hours later, I opened my eyes to see May standing over me, my head spun as I tried to sit straight, May gave me a hand to manage my balance.

"Is everything alright?" Said May.

"Yes. Except.. what's the
purpose of that dream, I
mean you saw it right? You..you should have an idea, don't you?" I asked hesitatingly and doubtfully.

"Dear Grace not ALL your dreams should have meanings sometimes they are just visions, answers, clues, or even a scene from the future, only you can know what they mean, Am only here to ratiocinate some notes or some thoughts of yours and figure out whether you are handling the dream or not."

I changed the subject immediately it was just too much for me to handle in one day.

"So..what can I do in my free time?"

May laughed and said "I am sorry, but we rarely have free time, let me show you around and guide you to your dorm room."

"Okay let's go then."

May led me out, as we were walking I saw these people on CTDD's again, May said they were controlling all supernatural powers not only dreaming, but it was the most important power so they called the device after it , We head to a hall full of rooms each is labeled with a letter or two that stood for something, she gestured me to the first room with the letter L I gasped at the scene, the room was pretty big, rows of shelves with books fill the room I tried putting myself together but I couldn't I ran to a random shelve. May laughed at the scene of me she let me wander and sail through these books, I grabbed a book with the title "KEYS" I started reading it. May got bored so she did the same we kept reading as the time passed it was already dark outside, I asked May if I could take it with me so she nodded in agreement.
"But you are fully responsible for it and you have to return it later. It's too late now we wasted our time reading, I'll complete the tour tomorrow now let's get to the dorm." said May.

We got into a progressed kind of elevators with numerous floors May spoke "Girls dorm." and it went up, within seconds we were there, the place was like in fairytales, a magnificent rounded floor with rooms around, the massive chandelier above us gave such a warm feeling as the handmade carpet beneath was so delicate, May snapped her fingers to get my attention, she gave me a device that was like a navigator to make sure I wouldn't get lost, she also showed me how to work the basic things until tomorrow. May wished me a goodnight then left.

I pressed on the word 'homepage' a blue screen popped 'Welcome to the district Grace.' I smiled and pressed on 'dorm' the navigator guided me straight into my room as I walked in I felt like a princess my room was ten times bigger than the old one. As I remembered my old room I remembered my family, my lost dead family, I sat on my bouncy bed, crouched my legs into my chest and busted into tears, memories flashed through my mind, of me blaming them and the slow motioned picture of the bullet making it's way in then out their chests just knocked me off, I despised this place for a moment, after all they killed my parents on purpose, minutes later I ran out of tears so I jumped off my bed and wandered around to venture my enormous room.

I opened some drawers and one of them had a letter in it TO GRACE:

.

.