Chapter 2

I opened my eyes to find myself in mirk, confused and lost with no parents to cover my back. I was too aghast to move. A few moments later, I could hear foot steps, slow and steady foot steps and as they got closer my heartbeats went faster, with every step I felt that my heart was going to strike it's way out of my chest. Suddenly, the footsteps stopped and so did my heartbeats, I couldn't tell whether that person left or didn't, I was left in confusion.

Bright light hit my face, it was too bright and heavy on my eyes... A moment later, I eventually managed it and opened my eyes and I wish I hadn't ... The same man shot my parents to death was gazing at me with an emotionless look on his face. I could tell it was the same person because of the same eye look that stared into my soul the day my parents were brutally murdered.

"So Grace huh?" Said the man.

"What? How do you know my name? Who are you? Where am I? Why..."

"Calm down!" (He shouted) Then he took a deep breath, softened his tone and said "I am Peter, Peter Wilson, and this is the place you will be spending the rest of your life in. How I know your name is another long story." Peter exclaimed

I realize that I am sitting on the floor so I get up and start sobbing "WHY DID YOU DESTROY THE ONLY THING I HAD? WHY?" I shouted with tears.

Peter got even angrier when he saw me crying, so he simply gestured me to the exit. I put myself together and did what I was told. I followed peter cautiously, and there they were, plenty of people all dressed in white, each is labeled by a code on his back, sitting on sophisticated modern machines that were more complex to be called "computers". I kept going after peter until we entered a room with the letter D in black. A weird looking man with grey puffed hair (though he weren't that old) Sat there smiling at me as if he knew me so well. Peter pushed me into the chair. I hesitated to sit at first and kept looking aroud with my mouth open at all this technology and luxury.

"I am Sian the dreamer, and you are Grace Philips. Oh poor Grace..do you have any idea why you're here sweetie? " And before I could answer he interrupted me mockingly "Of cource not."

I sat there not knowing what in the world was going on. Then, I encouraged myself to stand up and say "Can anyone tell me what's going on? first you kill my parents, second you kidnapped me, third I was threw in a dark room like an animal, now this?" A tear rolled on my cheek as I was talking, but as soon as I realized that, I put myself together and tried not to do what they wanted me to do, or at least what I thought they wanted me to do (show fear and weakness.)

Sian jolted from my words he didn't expect me to say that, so he stood up, came closer, patted on my shoulder and said "Grace! How well do you really know your parents?"

My eyes widened, I felt flames in my heart, I gulped the lump in my throat then said "What do you mean?"

Sian sighed "Grace your father wasn't just a simple farm man niether was your mother a simple nurse. Why do you think you lived far away from the city? You were protected Grace. They wanted to protect you, but your protection coasted their lives, they knew they had to die someday...and that day had came."

I was literally stunned. I didn't know how I felt, but it sure was too horrible for me to figure that out, so I bursted into tears, they came down like Niagara Falls. "Protect me from what?" I said breathless.

"Grace you are unique, you have a potential of DREAMING and not just any dreaming, dreaming that can kill you if you don't manage it well. Let me start from the top. Have you seen these people in the lounge on CTDD's?

I caught my breath "Ugh ... You mean computers?"

He giggled "It's been 50 years since the last time I heard the word Computer. They are called TD now. However, TCDD stands for (Technical control dreaming device). Grace let me tell you that we are in a future zoned place. You belong here. This place was made to protect your kind. "My kind?" I asked.
You have powers that are considered supernatural. Without help and control, you'll either hurt yourself or others.

"Supernatural?" I exclaimed.

Sian frowned and said "Grace please do not interrupt me." Then he continued "Anyways, this mansion sort of place was never to hurt you, it will only go for what's best for you. Your parents were thinkers and when they got a child no one ever thought that it would ever be a dreamer because it's phenomenal and a rare kind of powers. when I knew about your power I was astonished, I kept you in a special room that was meant to control your dreams. Until our enemies knew that a new dreamer had came to life. Your parents took you away to the real world, away from this place and away from the city.  As you should know, with every dreamer that comes to life his parents should die to eliminate any distraction or glitching in his dreams. You will understand more later. Now let me show you how your powers work...

**