Chapter 1

Everyone has their own picture displayed in their minds about their future. Some are afraid of the fact that one-day they might have to live in that future. Others picture nightmares, horror, and unpleasant memories and only the owner of these thoughts can bring this dark horror to life. Grace, my name is Grace a daughter of a lost farmer and a lost nurse 'May god bless their souls.' The death of my parents is another long story that just the thought of it makes my body shiver.... Shiver with fear.

A clear morning father walked out the door to milk some cows, and some other farming stuff, as usual. My mother headed to a small hospital across the river where she was treated badly and even got paid unfairly..Yes that's what they did for living both of them tried as hard as they could to raise ME their one and only daughter Grace. I always complained about how miserable our life was ignoring the fact that out there SOMEWHERE other people's lives were even worse. People that drink from the ground, eat anything literally 'anything', people that were ready to rip each others skin and eat...and that's just a sample of how helpless they were..and how I was in a bless that I never appreciated, but I wish I did.

I always locked myself in my room, the keys never fitted in the door lock but it did what it had to do. A small box that is supposed to be a 'T.V', it barely worked or caught any channels except weirdly one channel that always had on the same program with a different date each day. I always found that suspiciously disturbing, but I was too lazy to do anything about it. An annoying wall clock on the wall facing my bed, ripped curtains, also a box that was there when we first moved into the house. It was the size of my palm, I never figured out how to open it plus it had no holes no password, and ABSOLUTELY nothing I tried could even crack it. I was sure there was something inside, I used to shake it and in return I got an annoying sharp sound that almost deafened me. The mysterious cube was always a riddle to me, a riddle that I played with every night before I went to bed. what else... OH! And to top it all off, I had a rusty bed. I used to go to the private school across the road when I was about 10 years old, but when we ran out of money I was sent home. I never liked school anyway. Everyone pointed fingers at me and laughed. I know I didn't look the cleanest or was the best dressed, but that wasn't because I was lazy or poor hygiene, I simply couldn't afford new clothes. There were times when I couldn't even find water to shower. Why would anyone care? they were too selfish and stubborn to bother themselves to ask me whether I ever needed help or not. As soon as I got kicked out of school I sat at home for about five years until I felt worthless.

I started blaming my parents for everything, throwing things at them, screaming like a psycho, but that became irrelevant with what I was about to face.

Fear and terror was all I could feel when three tall men with dark brown hair, covered faces; only showing their intriguing black eyes slammed the door that was barely locked and grabbed me. Everything went black with the sound of the trigger. I thought I was dead.

Then, and only then, I missed and treasured the deep warm comforting voice of my mother, treasured every single drop of my father's sweat, whilst he was working outside my window under the flaming sun. All I could do is sit there helplessly watching my dear father suffer.

___

A/N: don't forget to vote!