The boyfriend??? Say what???

Chapter 3

The boyfriend? Say what?

I woke up at exactly six in the morning to get ready for my seven thirty class. Whoever thought that it would be fun to have morning classes for high school is a serious pain in the neck. I would love to kick them so hard right now.

I barely got time to sleep because of that threat Ryan made. What was he going to do with me? Was he only joking when he said that or was he serious? And above all what am I going to do about it?

But for now I tried to keep my mind off that topic as I got ready for school. I got up, showered and got dressed. I am really dreading going to school and facing Ryan but I have to keep it cool for now. So, I went down and joined my parents for breakfast.

"Lizzie, I never really got the chance to ask about that party you went to with Rissa, how was it?" asked my mom while she was putting a stack of pancakes after I sat down.

Thing is, I was avoiding that topic because technically I didn't want to think about Ryan or his threats than I already am. Also, I'm not so sure they would be warming up to the idea that I spent most of the party talking about books with Drew. Well, come to think of it, they did tell me I need a life. Maybe this is what having a life is like, having a player after you and a cute bookworm to really help you solve your bookworm problems (okay, even I am not stupid to know that's normal).

Anyways I tried to lock myself in my room all weekend pretending I was either doing my homework, watching shows, or just chatting with Rissa online even when I was secretly reading PDFs. What can I say I love reading, although nothing can compensate the thrill of reading from an actual book.

"It was fun, we drank a little and danced. It was just a typical party, I guess." I did not elaborate more than I need to.

They just nodded and seemed too keen on the idea that I was at least trying to find some normal things to do except read. Sometimes I think the way my parents were programmed was just different from how other parents were wired. But trust me when I say, they were just unpredictable.

As I finished my breakfast I excused myself to go to school. I checked my things to make sure that I got everything and then drove to my dreaded destination.

When I got to school it was ten minutes before the bell rang, I was secretly looking for the black Lamborghini hoping that Drew was here and was somehow a transferee but I didn't see it. I shrugged it off and made my way to class, but before I got inside I heard a voice I'm not too pleased to hear right now.

"Hey Sugar let me walk you to class" said Ryan. I glared at him and continued walking on my own but unfortunately he was still beside me. He was trying to talk to me but I shut him off. Maybe if I try to ignore his presence he will just leave me alone. Unfortunately this was not the case because he was still following me and talking to me which earned me glares from the entire student body. Well, just the girls in this instance.

"Will you leave me alone?" I asked. I was really getting irritated with him right now, can't he see that I'm not interested?

"No can do Sugar, I told you I want you and I always get what I want." he said then glanced at my classroom door. "Well this is your stop, I'll pick you up when your class is done and then I'll walk you to your next class. See you later Sugar or I'll be late for my class." he said emphasizing on the "Sugar" comment. Earning me not just glares but killing stares from every girl possible. I never knew Ryan was so popular with the ladies before, what a way to know that. I have to be receiving glares and daggers just to know.