Realization

Chapter 7

Realization

The days just flew by and it's now the weekend, I was so excited to hang out with Jam with no repercussions the next day. To say that I have been sleeping in class more than once is an understatement. But it was totally worth it because I get to bond with my cousin.

Rissa was meeting us in the mall, since she had to go finish something first. So Jam and I decided that we would just go ahead and look around. Window shopping is Jam's favorite hobby, she always says that it keeps her style updated or something. She also wouldn't shut up about the fact that I was wearing my usual outfit which consisted of shirt, jeans and sandals. She did have to say though that she loved my bag and that I shouldn't worry about it missing for a few months because she's treating it to an all expense stay in France with her, I just had to laugh about that.

We were nearing the local bookstore which was basically calling me. I couldn't resist and asked Jam if we could go in even for a short time. She laughed and said yes.

"You know I should stop calling you a bookworm, you're more of a bibliophile or bibliomaniac. It's like your whole life revolves around books." Jam said while looking at the synopsis of the book she was holding.

The more I think about it though, the more it made sense. I do love collecting as much as I love reading books so it made total sense. But I just had to roll my eyes at that.

"Yeah I guess, but for the time being I have to be a window shopper for books. Dad cut down my book allowance and he knows I won't be giving up my food just to buy one. This just sucks though, I just don't get it. When we were young they were the ones telling me that "one has to appreciate reading," but now they're contradicting those words." I ranted. Granted that I didn't follow my parents words about the reading part but the buying was harder to keep from them.

My parents taught me from a young age how to handle my finances properly. They told me that it was all about segregating your finances to everything you need. So I have my allowances for food, books, clothes and other things. Plus the fact that I have to save ten percent of which I couldn't touch until I reach university.

Jam laughed, shook her head, and rolled her eyes. She always thought that I was a bit ridiculous about my finances. She'd always tell me that its mine so I should just spend it the way I see fit. This would also be a good time to point out that she's the type to spend her money on the same day she gets it, I'm not sure how she survives though but she's happy so who am I to judge.

"Right, because we wouldn't want to rearrange the whole financial set up. On a different note, what time is Rissy getting here? I haven't seen her in a few months and I should be killing her for spending more time with that boyfriend of hers than me. She sees him every day and I'm here for only a few days." Jam said a little disappointed.

Rissa and Jam are also friends, they usually hang out because of me so but now it's like a ritual. They have to see each other when Jam visits, they may not be as close as Jam and I or Rissa and I but they were not far from it.

"So, homies who missed me?" Rissa said just in time before Jam picks up her phone and shouts at her for being late.

"I was supposed to say me but I'm too irritated with you to say so." Jam said even if she was smiling and hugging Rissa.

"Whatever! You know you did, no one is as crazy as me in France. A least I think not, but with all that artistic friends of yours I may be overruled." Rissa said.

Jam has some weird friends but I would like to think of them as artistic, because they may not dress or act the same way as we do but they sure do have some artistic talent that will leave you speechless. They're the type that would talk and talk about how they would do their art that you wouldn't get the gist if you're not one of them. So Rissa calls them weird because the last time we talked to them we were somewhat isolated and she hates that feeling.