For the whole world to know

Chapter 15

For the whole world to know

The next day, Drew made sure that we were having fun and that the whole Cath situation was to be avoided like a plague. He was still pissed that she's coming to town but he decided that he would forget about it while on vacation.

We were on the beach when Drew called me so that he could show me his favorite thing to do on the island, kayaking. He held my hand while I was trying to get situated, then he also settled himself behind me. He rowed and as we were getting further and further I was able to truly appreciate why he liked doing it so much. I was able to see some corals below and when I tried to see if I could touch it, even when I know I couldn't reach it. It was worth trying because the water felt so great that it was nice to see small waves created by my hand. Then as you look in front of you, you could almost see the entire ocean mixing itself with the sky. It was truly a unique experience for me.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Drew asked while rowing.

"Yeah, this is truly something Drew. I feel like I can do this for the rest of my life, it provides escape just you and the water nothing else." I said, still mesmerized with the view of the ocean.

"As much as I want that to happen Liz I'm afraid I'm too selfish to let you do it forever, I want some of your time too you know." Drew said and laughed a bit.

I think after the whole Cath discussion something changed with Drew, it's like he's afraid that I was going away and that if he's not with me I was going to leave him, fat chance of that happening, I like him too much. He's still being sweet but I have to find a way to make him feel secure like he does with me.

I turned and looked him in the eye, I can see his blue eyes and remembered everything we have went through. It may still not be enough to be compared to other relationships but we have our own story. If he's not willing to let go and vice versa, I need to make him feel and know that I'm not leaving him.

"Drew you do know and understand that I'm always going to be here right? I'm not going anywhere, ever. You're stuck with boring old me." I said to him while looking him straight in the eye to make sure he understood me. He looked back at me with love in his eyes.

"Yeah I do, it's just with Cath being around us and her evil plotting mind I don't want you being scared off. She's gonna do everything, I mean who would think of sleeping with two men just to get what you want?" Drew said while shaking his head

"You know, how was she going to pull that off though? I mean the baby won't look like you, it may look like her but not you cause it's going to look like the father." I said

"I think she's going to say that she had a miscarriage and all, not sure didn't really stick long enough to find out."

I nodded and we went back to the serene view of the ocean and skies.

----------------------

We were back inside and they were playing a drinking game, they were counting off and what was weird was that some were numbers some were words.

"Uhh... what are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Well we count off until 11 then at the end of that, the person who will start with one gets to change a certain number into words. Every time someone gets the wrong number takes a shot and every time we finish the count off we all take a shot. It's really fun." Jam explained with Andie shaking her head up and down like a crazy person.

"Andie are you drunk or something?" Drew asked even when he knows that she was, he just likes torturing her like that.

"Uhhh no, isn't it so obvious that I'm not?" She said shaking her head side to side, too much if you ask me, this time.