Not so perfect Prince Charming

Chapter 14

Not so perfect Prince Charming

We were enjoying our time on the island; swimming, playing frisbee and many more. I had a blast and we were having the time of our lives. I guess in some way we were treasuring these moments, one we know could never last forever.

The King and Queen had to go home early because of their duties, they only stayed for a day which they spent on their wing, leaving us alone. There's a part of me that they did this to avoid further conflict with Drew but every time I tried to poach the subject he would just change it. So, I stopped asking and started enjoying myself.

We are currently on the beach splashing water at each other. Dew had one arm around my waist while we were trying to splash water on Jam. Rissa and Chad were by the sand sunbathing while holding hands. Every once in a while they would snap pictures of us after taking at least a hundred of theirs first.

Jam was losing to the splashing contest and was protesting, saying that it wasn't fair that Drew and I were a team while she didn't have anyone else. We were too engrossed that we didn't hear other people approaching.

"So, how come I wasn't invited to this whole shebang? And when were you gonna tell me that you have finally made a move on Lizzie here?" Mel said while hugging Drew. "I'm so happy for you, Drew." Mel then whispered to his ears.

Mel came with two other people, her boyfriend Luke and her brother Ryan.

The brother sister tandem couldn't be any more different. Mel was happy for Drew while Ryan was sneering mad at us, the last part made me really uncomfortable. I mean why the hell is he mad at us? If looks could kill he would have killed Drew, but when Drew looked at him his face suddenly changed to a happier one.

Something was going on here and I'm gonna find out.

"Glad you could make it, parents have left so we have the whole island to ourselves." Drew said while signaling some employees to assist the three. They went inside and Drew hugged me again.

"I'm sorry Ryan is here. Mel can't leave anywhere without him lately and he really needs the moral support." Drew said.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked.

He was about to answer when Jam came to us.

"So who were those people, and where the hell is Andie? I need her here because I'm losing when you two tag-team against me." Jam whined.

We laughed and called Andie to join our splashing contest.

---------------------

We were all gathered for dinner. We were having Caesar's salad, steak and tiramisu for dessert. Over all I felt like royalty being served by servants and all.

Drew was talking to Luke about the latest developments in Sarconia. Luke apparently was part of the House of Lords. He is commonly known as the Duke of Marchest and he is really working hard to be considered as the next Prime Minister or something. I have to research more on this small country.

Ryan, on the other hand, was a few chairs away from me talking to Andie while looking at me. Andie didn't notice and I only did because I was having one of those weird feeling that someone was looking at me. Honestly this is really getting too old for me. I already told him that I was dating Drew but he's still acting like this, he needs to move on.

Jam was talking animatedly with Mel, since they share the same passion for books they were really having a blast. Chad and Rissa were there on one side being the normal gooey couple that we have been used to over the years.