Fragile Fury - end of chapter twenty one

Okay - this is the ending to chapter twenty one. I can't post it as a seperate chapter, because that does work so here goes...

Recap.

    "Who else wants me dead?" This time Anna started walking forwards, her wings rustled no longer drooping down. And her eyes, Jordan saw, looked black as the Fallen's. Her voice was low and contorted, almost an animalistic growl. He saw her fangs press down into the bottom lip.

     Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Damon rub his hands together as he took his own step forward, "Told her you love her yet?" he said, smirking deviously.

     "Shut up, Damon," Jess slapped the back of her hand against his chest. Anna frowned, as her eyes flicked to Jordan.

     "Excuse me?" She asked, and he could have sworn he saw the faintest streaks of emerald green leak back into her black eyes, maybe there was an emotion there, to make her a little more human.

     "I-" Anna's eyes flashed frantically around them, before he had a chance to speak.

Chapter twenty one - ending.

     "Guys," Damon said cautiously.

     "Shut up, Damon," Jess hissed, jerking her elbow back she hit his stomach. "He's trying to tell her!"

      "I...well, erm," Jordan's second attempt at confessing his feelings was no more as a success than the first.

     "Guys!" Damon yelled, this time wrapping his fingers around Jess' arm and holding her still. "You might wanna look behind you!"

     "Shut up, for God's sake you stupid bloody angel!" Jess yelled at the top of her lungs. The air chilled the way it always did when she was angry. A faint wind blew between the tress, stirring around them, carrying snowflakes along with it. Damon clenched his jaw before grabbing hold of Jess's shoulders and forcefully turning her round.

     Jordan turned his head, when he heard Anna and Jess gasp, Vaughn was suddenly beside him. "Get Anna away from here," he said. Vaughn sharply nodded his head. "I don't care where you go, just get her away from here. Now!"

     "But...What is it?" Anna asked, Jordan pulled the daggers from his hips again, crossing them over his chest until they face out.

     Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Damon grab hold of Anna's arm before pulling her and Jess away.

     "That's my dad...my dad and his army." Jess said in a voice so small it was almost lost in the wind. "This is it, isn't it? This is the start of the uprising, against Xaphan, all because Anna was found. I'm so sorry," He knew Jess was talking to Anna now, as he faced the oncoming army of the Unseelie.

     Things moved behind the Winter Fae King, no doubt there were Shadow Fae, along with all manners of dark creatures that the mortal world couldn't comprehend. He couldn't help but smile, grinning almost, as they approached him in clouds of ice and darkness. There hadn't been a war in the hidden world in more than six hundred years. The bloodshed and carnage had been missed by so many. There was a thrill, to a kill.

     "Get Asher and the other Vampires," Jordan called one last request over his shoulder. "They can help you keep Anna safe, and everyone knows how much Asher loves to kill."

     Vaughn nodded in return, "I will get him to raise the Dead Armies," he said, "We're going to need all the help we can get."

     "I'm staying," Anna said, "I'm not leaving you." She glared across at Damon, "You can't make me."

     "Watch me," he said smugly before letting go of Jess and picking Anna up. Without a minutes gap, Damon jumped into the air. Anna screamed as she looked back at Jordan and he felt part of him grow stronger. He would survive this fight. He had to.

*******

Thanks for reading x