Fragile - 26

A tiny tiny piece, so I'm sorry. But enjoy either way. The person Jess is based on liked this, she said it was nice to have a cool down after the drama...which will be coming back xD

DAMON's POV - Sort of 

“So, who d’you reckon’ll die first?” Damon asked absently reaching into the fire and pulling out a flame; he twirled it between his fingers like orange paper. 

     “What?” Jess was leaning with her ear against the door listening to what was going on in the corridor. He’d tried telling her the oak was too thick, but she was stubborn and wouldn’t listen. “Oh, shut up!” 

    He chuckled, before saying “Jess?” His tone was serious. 

    She turned to him frowning, “Yeah?” 

   “Are you on your period or just plain moody?” He said, grinning like the Cheshire cat. 

“Shut up!” She growled, and before he knew it, a snowball, smashed into the side of his cheek. When he looked up, she was the one grinning. And more snow came towards his face. 

      The more snow Jess tossed, the higher his fire grew. Damon had drawn to the conclusion that if the room was hot enough, Jess would be unable to created snow. 

He was wrong, and had now resorted to hiding behind one stone pillar of the weapons room, with his wings folded tightly against his back. Squashed uncomfortably between his body and the cold marble. 

     “Surrender yet?” He heard her call the grin in her voice, clear to his ears. He didn’t dare take a look. 

“Never!” He replied smiling, in a way that he hoped made him sound like a pirate. He snapped his fingers knowing that the fire - now behind him - would leap to life, and swirl in the air. 

The room was then quiet for a moment, with just the sound of his heavy breaths. Even the fire seemed silent. “Jess?” He called, frowning. Maybe I killed her, he thought with an uncomfortable feeling in his stomach. “Oi, Jess!?” 

There was again no reply to his call. 

      He stuck his head around the pillar, carefully, unsure of what he would see. But the fearie was nowhere to be seen. “Shit,” he breathed, “I didn’t mean to kill her.” 

     Then something something touched his shoulder, he turned his head slowly. “Boo!” Jess grinned, and shoved him in one smooth move. The icy tendrils gripped him as his tangled legs tied in knots, while his body made its way towards the floor.