05 | curious cats

HIS GREEN EYES WERE THE ONLY ONES SHIMMERING IN THE GLOOMY BUS

Ever since the incident a few days ago, Aiko was well aware of his reindeer gaze trying to stay hidden behind his seat, as if a mere stranger had accidentally stumbled upon a stray cat, only to tug its heartstrings with their kind pats of love as it follows their way home.

Whenever Izuku's stop arrives, the wisteria girl never fails to switch her attention to the boy in green gems the second the brakes hit, darting her gaze at his shrubby head in a natural way behind her dark comics and watched him board the bus before taking his usual seat—two rows down from hers, to the right of her view. But even if it's subtle, Aiko couldn't help but notice how the pupils of his eyes try to glance at her—even the perceptive girl was surprised. Why was he looking in her way? ( For the first time? )

Still, he tries whenever he steps onto the bus. But it only concluded on him abruptly looking away the second her gaze catches his.

Aiko tries to focus back into her comic. She tries. It's not like she's been able to get past three pages because some green head kept distracting her with his obvious shrub of hair, sensitive mumblings and burning gaze. She's fine like this. Really. Aiko sighs a little when she sensed his head turning to peek at her. No, seriously. She's fine being creeped out by someone she thought she found adorable. And yes. Why adorable of all people? Aiko must be delusional if she's going to fall victim to love at first sight.

Basically, what she was seeing right now was a full view of her latest Moon Knight volume she got the previous day. She waited three hours after school at the local bookstore a few blocks away from home, though she thanked the gods she lived near to get the latest issues before anyone else does. What a fanatic.

Other than the comic in her hands, just from the top right corner of the page was his curly forest strands, followed by his starry eyes peeking just above the sheet, though in reality, his eyes were almost above his seat.

Aiko closes her eyes and almost sighed for the nth time in a week. Could it be just him.. admiring the cover of her comics all this time?

Because really, he's been looking like a hungry dog excited for his meal.

Well, he does like heroes and comics. Why am I complaining? Aiko deadpanned at her own thoughts, a little pissed off.

Then, on purpose, Aiko lowers her comic from her face a little, getting a slightly bigger view of his round cheeks adorned with stardust. Slowly, her eyes trailed over his, catching him red-handed with his head fully turned in her way, emerald eyes widened like headlights as his entire body jolts before his cheeks turned red, immediately facing the front as he shrinks in his seat.

A small chuckle left her quiet lips.

A smile lingers when Aiko collected herself, still staring at the back of his curly head. But then, a thought, an opportunity, came into mind. She bit her lip when she looked back at her comic.

What if..?

Before she knew it, their stop arrives, indicating it was time for them to leave ( each other ) again.

Aiko stood up from her seat and walked down the aisle and left, but along the way—

she drops her comic on the empty seat beside him.