04 | rainbow covers

FROM THE LIGHT IN HIS EYES, IZUKU LIKES COMICS TOO

What exactly are comics to you?

Are they simply pictures inked into tainted papers? Are they a work of masterpieces carefully splotched with colours to brighten the minds of a dreamer only to be swept away by glances of merely seconds? ( Was it a waste of the artist's muse then? ) Are comics a movie you can read in a book when the rusty gears in your mind can't make up the images you want to create because you're just that realistic, or perhaps the colours in your palette are just as dull? Too dull that not even a simple comic could amaze those who smile through their teeth with shallow whispers. Whispering as if the unicorn in a barn of coco-skinned horses is nothing but a distraction. A misfit in societies.

Aiko wore a lingering smile as she admires the hues in her hands: the short stretch of the corner of her lips, though only to falter just a little when her thoughts fogged her colourful mind. Followed by a twinge of sadness in her rose-coloured heart.

A deep, calm and collected sigh left her cold lips as soon as she blinked, focusing back into the story.

Aiko tries to cover her blue feelings with a yellow smile.

Ah. Look at how mesmerizing Moon Knight is! The white hood enveloping him like a mysterious dove flying into the navy sky with crescents in his hands, flickering each moon like a dance in the moon drip night, entrancing his enemies as if he was the man in moon, only to have their skin tainted with crimson as comets crushed the darkness in their inked hearts.

It's heroes like these that Aiko found intriguing. She has always liked heroes shrouded in mystery which explains her inquisitive mind and attentive gaze. Perhaps the violet girl was just dark, and by that, she meant she liked dark comics. Vigilantes. Or just, heroes with cryptic powers, but not a villain either.

Was she just as odd then? Like that.. unicorn?

Her mind had only dimmed for just a second before the deafening screech yanked her back into reality, jolting out of her seat when she realized it was her stop, scrambling and—

Thump

Aiko almost groaned when her comic slipped out of her bag, immediately reaching down to—

She froze when another hand grabbed the comic.

Aiko didn't know what occurred to her, but her gaze was agonizingly slow when they trailed over his red shoes, yellow bag, scribbled pages and.. the features of too, frozen boy. Her comic was right in front of her, she could simply take it from his hand, but Aiko just.. couldn't.

Aiko couldn't ignore the light in his eyes.

The way the emeralds in his eyes shone in sunset filters as they stayed gazing at the comic in his hand, plump lips parted slightly enough for rose petals to adorn them, the constellations on his round cheeks kissed by the evening sun through crystalline windows. The green strands covering his forehead just slightly had swayed a little. Like a breeze in land fields.

The way his round, wonderful eyes looked as if it was wishing upon a star—Aiko realized that Izuku, was merely admiring the art in his hand. She could see the way he looked at it the way she read her fantasy: magnificence and marvel. His pearls were shimmering endlessly, truly like a gem he was. And it somehow moved her in some sort of way. Aiko felt like she could hear the way he breathed: lips parted as if he was gaping in awe, breath hitched in reverence. The sight itself made her wonder if art was either both. As if the mysterious boy had finally taken off his mask, only to reveal the beauty of his features all this time.

After what felt like a thousand years, the girl finally cleared her throat, and the green boy jolted in his seat, looking up.

Sapphire meets lavender for the first time.

And it left her breathless.

Aiko awkwardly smiles at him before gently taking her comic out of his hand, striding down the bus towards the exit before thanking the bus driver. She was about to put her comic into her bag, but she hears him embarrassingly stumbling off the bus when both of them delayed for too long, almost missing their stop.

He has green eyes like gemstones. Even stars on his cheeks.

Aiko blushed at her thoughts.

He likes comics too.

Ah. She's not the only unicorn in the field anymore.