Chapter Eight: 'Mr Howa- Shane, I mean Shane'

Hey guys, 

I think this is my first Authors Note on this story...yay?

Anyway, I just wanted to apologise for how sucky this chapter is. It's a filler chapter because I don't feel like skipping heck loads of time at once is a wise choice to be honest.... ( Ah! The Walking Dead 3X01 was so awesome right? So much walker action, loved it so much but can't even talk about it to anyone since the only friend I have who watches it is still one season 2...)

Oh yeah, also thanks for reading, adding to your reading lists, votes, comments and just the overall support...keep doing what your doing pretty please ;P I honestly appreiciate it so much :)

Love Tasha  
                     xox

(P.S: I know it's short :O Sorry)

_____________________________________________________________________________
Chapter Eight

'Mr Howa- Shane, I mean Shane'

▬ Third Person- No one’s P.O.V ▬

     “Damn. How come you get all the action little brother?”

     Electra looked straight ahead as her and Daryl strided back into camp after their hunting trip. Electra had learned by now that the only way to deal with Merle was to ignore him altogether. She would give anything to punch him or throw him some witty retort but she bit her tongue. She wasn’t a person who had much hate in her despite her back story but she could safely say she hated Merle, his poor attempts of seducing her, his sexist & racist comments and the way he looked at her.

     “Shut up Merle,” Daryl snapped stopping near his brother whilst Electra kept on walking straight ahead and further into camp. 

     “Squirrel, yum,” Electra stopped walking and turned her head to see Andrea who was leant up against a tree with her arms crossed across her chest. Slowly, Electra looked down at the dead squirrels she was holding before slamming them down on the green plastic table and approaching Andrea.

      “Not appetizing I know, but we’ve only been here fourteen days and we’re already running out of food. Sure Glenn’s not back from the city yet but there was barely any food the last time he went, never mind now,” she said level headedly. “Daryl says squirrels better than nothing and I can’t say I disagree,” she told her.

     “I honestly don’t know how you put up with him,” Andrea commented looking over her shoulder, Electra followed the blondes eye line to the two brothers who were conversing over by the plastic green table which she had put her squirrels on.

     “Which one?” Electra asked before sighing and turning her gaze away from the two brothers and back to the blonde who she talking too.

     “Daryl,” she stated simply. “He is the one who you go out into the woods with all the time,” Andrea said as if it were oblivious who she were talking about. 

     “We don’t talk very often and when we do it’s usually something along the lines of ‘I’ll take this one, you take the other one’,” Electra shrugged. “He’s good at hunting and tracking. Good hunting partners were hard to find in the pre-apocalyptic world, never mind this one,” Electra stated. “Plus he doesn’t look at me as if I were the prey, unlike his brother,” she spat.