Chapter Two: A Whole Other World

Chapter Two

A whole other world

▬ 1st Person- Electra’s P.O.V ▬

     The Apocalypse.

     The. Freaking. Zombie. Apocalypse.

     Sure I was a total sucker for zombies: read the survival guide, watched every zombie movie under the sun. I loved zombies, they were great as fictional species. Didn’t mean I wanted them to be real and cause the apocalypse! 

     “How you doing?” a voice snapped me out of my own deafening thoughts, I turned to see Aaron in place of Thea (who had just left the room with Jem) on the chair next to the couch which I had just sunken down on. 

     “How any sane person would feel like after being told that I suppose,” I muttered. 

     “I’m sorry about my brother,” Aaron frowned. “He’s a douche bag to put it lightly,” Aaron stated causing my eyes to catch his.

     “He’s your brother?” I nearly spat.

     “Yup,” he popped the p. “Couldn’t you tell?” he cocked an eyebrow. 

     “Well, you have the same hair but-” I cut myself off causing him to nod for me to go on. “You’re a nice guy and he’s an ass hole,” I said, not wording my thoughts as well as I could.

     “Why do you assume I’m a nice guy?” Aaron asked.

     “Well I think the fact that you saved my sorry ass pretty much covers it,” I stated as he stroked my forehead with his thumb. 

     “I should get a band aid on that cut,” he commented before heading over to the kitchen counter and searching through a first aid kit. 

     “Shouldn’t you have done that already?” I asked jokily. 

     “Sorry,” he mocked as he sat back down on the chair again.. “I was too busy fixing your shoulder,” he said applying the band aid over the cut on my forehead. “Which by the way is going to be pretty sore for a while, but it’s nothing to worry about” he informed me standing up yet again and wondering back to the counter.        

     “You’re a doctor?” I realised as he rummaged through the first aid kit. 

     “Yup,” he popper the p. “How did you manage to do that to your shoulder?” he questioned. “It looked pretty damn gnarly before,” he stated.

     “The car I was in totalled,” I replied before a bright light was shinned in my eyes. “Ow!” I winced before opening them again.

     “Hmmm, normal reaction,” he turned the torch off. “Any double vision? Headaches? Dizziness? Nausea?” he interrogated me.. 

     “Nope, yes, nope, a little,” I answered. 

     “Here you go,” Jem threw a packet of what looked like paracetamol to Aaron as she strolled through the door.

     “And here you go,” Thea crept up next to me and offered me a water bottle. 

     “Thank you,” I smiled at her taking the water bottle and unscrewing the cap off about to drink the water before being offered two pills.