Chapter Three: Hansel and Gretel

Chapter Three

Hansel and Gretel

▬ Third Person- No one’s P.O.V ▬

     Electra awoke to the sound of the freighter door sliding open, squinting her eyes shut to ward off the brightness of the sunlight which was streaming in to the metal cuboid. With an unlady like, guttural growl, she curled up into a ball and pulled a piece of fabric which happened to be lying next to her over her head in an attempt to shield herself. 

     “If you wanted my shirt that badly, all you had to do was ask,” 

     Immediately as if she were about to be burnt by it she thrusted the fabric away from herself, jerking forwards so that she was sitting up. When she did this she met the caramel coloured eyes of Mark who was looking down at her with an amused expression on his face. Her eyes trailed to ‘Marks shirt’ which in reality happened to be Thea’s green and blue scarf. 

     “You dick,” Electra grunted snatching the scarf up off of the floor, bunching it up and then throwing it as forcefully as she could in Mark’s direction. Mark’s laugh echoed around the box as he caught it with no effort put in at all as Electra scowled at him. 

     “What are you doing with my scarf?” Thea asked as soon as she shot up from her sleep, rubbing her blood shot eyes violently.

     “Why did you decide to wake us up at this ungodly hour of the morning?” Electra demanded with slanted eyes as she attempted to run a hand through her bed hair which surprisingly was not much effort at all. “I could have slept for another……” she paused for a second to ‘think’.  “Three days, at least!” she growled. 

     “I like that idea,” Thea agreed nodding. “Actually,” she continued. “I think I’m going to make that idea my reality,” Thea stated to lean backwards causing Electra to grab her hand and jerk her back up again “Hey!” she complained whilst being hoisted to her feet. 

     “Na-uh, the last time I slept was when I was in the comfort of my own home in England over twenty four hours ago. If I don’t get to sleep, neither do you,” Electra argued.

     “Why don’t you sleep on the plane like the rest of mankind?” Thea groaned.

     “Let’s just say I was one of those annoying kids who used to spend the whole flight exploring and screaming there head off instead of sleeping,” she explained. “On that note, if this is going to be the permanent sleeping arrangement we’re going to need mattresses,” she said stroking her aching neck.

     “You act as if you’ll be here to be sleeping on them,” 

     Electra listed her gaze to his face with an expression of pure disgust mixed with disbelief that she could manage.

     Oh, hell no!

     Okay, I just saved you and your brother’s sorry asses from roamers with not so much as a “Thank you” on your part. Next time we get attacked by roamers I am leaving you behind you ungrateful asshole.