Chapter 28: Awkward

Hey y'all,

Thank you to all those who have recently fanned/voted/commented/inboxed, you have no idea how much this means to me. Unlike the last authors note, I'm not here to just thank you, again.

Basically, I will (most likely) not be updating until the after the 23rd for numerous reasons.

Next week is the week of my birthday, so I will be preocupied with that. (15th March, incase you were wondering ;) )

Basically, I have a bunch of mocks the week after my birthday week which means I will be doing hard-core revising throughout my birthday week and the week of the actual mocks (or trying to, anyway)

So, I apologize and hope that you can understand that.

Also, I wanted to inform you that I recently got an Ask.fm, so if you want to ask me anything, have at it: http://ask.fm/miztashtastic

Thank you all.

Much love and appreciation,

Tasha xox

_____

Chapter Twenty Eight

Awkward

▬ Third Person- No one's P.O.V ▬

Electra Walsh was busily sketching away to the sweet soundtrack of silence which was occasionally interrupted by the off chirping of a bird. It was also majestically unreal, it had literally been the only calming silence she had had in a long while. To her it was almost....refreshing, quite like a shock of cool water to a heated face in the early morning or the sweaty humidity of midday.

Early and a beautiful morning it was, the sun had barely managed to make its way over the horizon. One every often, Electra took it upon herself to look up from her sketch book to admire her surroundings. Slowly, the weed-free grass swayed to the beat of the whistling wind. Bright bursts of blue were patched into the cloudless sky, truly looking like a painting.

"You are aware there are seats right here, aren't you?" Glenn questioned Electra whilst skilfully strumming away on the acoustic guitar. Like Electra, Dale had also given him something of interest that he had found whilst going through the boots of the cars in the great traffic snarl. Unlike Electra, Glenn wasn't so good on his gift. Sure, he did know a few songs but not many, his sister Lacey had been the one to teach him them.

"Oh, I know Glenn." Electra stated, turning to face him from her seat on the steps to the porch of the paint-chipped ranch house. "I just like the steps better." She mused, shrugging before turning back to smooth off a few hard lines in her drawing.

"Electra...." Glenn trailed off, deciding to abandon his seat and stand up straight. Exhaling, he rested the wooden acoustic guitar carefully against the seat on the porch before sinking down on the porch steps beside Electra who wasn't really paying much attention to him. "Can I tell you something?" he enquired, really wanting to get his secret off of his chest.

"Sure." Electra smiled at him before titling her head back to the sketch book and slamming it shut in order to focus her whole attention onto him. "What's up?" she quizzed him, tucking a flyaway strand of hair behind her ear before catching the look of regret or caution in Glenn's eyes. Now she knew it was serious. "It's not like you to want to have a heart to heart, Glenn." She pointed out and it was true. Glenn was usually the light-hearted one in the group, it was unusual for her to see him so....tense.

"I know." Glenn agreed, much too quickly for his or her liking. "It's just......" he started before trailing off into silence, unsure of whether or not he should tell Electra. All he knew was that he needed to tell someone about it, he was no good at keeping anything to himself, especially when it made him feel like this. "I may or may not have had sex with someone..." Glenn whispered cautious of prying ears.