10

ethan's point of view

I jolted awake, taking a large deep breath, while gasping at the same time. I didn't even give myself time to breathe correctly before I looking at my surroundings. I was on the floor, my right ankle shackled to a rusty pipe. I was laying on the cold freezing ground, which I assumed was concrete by the touch of it against my cheek and hand. I didn't know where the fuck I was, or how I had gotten here, but I know that Grayson was in trouble. He wasn't with me, and how we were drugged by that man and woman, wherever he was, it wasn't good. Every hour, minute, and second he was away from me put me into fucking Alpha mode and I was going to destroy anything and everything in my way.

If these people thought they could me back just a simple chain and a rusty pipe that was terribly pounded into the ground, they were wrong. I didn't want to think it, but if I was going to keep someone and not let them get away, they'd be in one of the things Hannibal Lector was in during "The Silence of The Lambs", also known as a straight jacket. You had no control of your arms or legs, and you'd be on the ground moving like a caterpillar. However, these people were fucking stupid and weren't thinking about keeping me in one place. Hah, I bet they assumed I would succumb to their tactics and cry and wait for help that would never come.

Well, fuck you, that shit ain't happening. I would be saving myself and Grayson. We'd be both be walking out of this place alive, but I would assume we'd have some injuries and some more bruises that wouldn't go away for about a week. Nonetheless, he and I would be alive and together until it was time for us to go. We had made a secret promise over the month and a few weeks together that we would be together until the end. I wanted nothing except Grayson, and I would be sure to tell him when the time was right. Possibly now because I was about to go full on Joker and blow this place up.

As I said before, these people had never seen an episode of "Criminal Minds" or some shit because they had done a terrible job of trying to keep me in one place. I was able to literally pull the damn rusty ass pipe from the ground and bash it on the ground. I knew for sure that the echo of the pipe hitting the ground would make noise and alert the people around me, but by the time anyone had come to check out what I was going, the pipe was in pieces around me. I wiped the rust and dirt off my hands and onto my pants. Even though the pipe was done for, the shackle around my ankle would not remove itself without a key or bobby pin, and since I had neither of those, I was to keep it on my ankle.

It felt like I was a drug dealer and I needed to have an ankle tracker on so they knew where I was at all times. The thought could only make me chuckle, but it was soon cut short when a man about my size with a burly stomach was opening the door. I was to my feet in 3 seconds flat, and the man didn't even notice I was standing because he was looking then direction I was not. I had taken him by surprise and used the ankle that had the heavy metal chain to wack him in the head with it. A sickening crack echoed down the hall, and then a large thump. The man was holding his nose and head as blood streamed from his-what I assumed was broken-nose.

I could only smirk in surprise. I quickly moved away from the man and made my way down a random hallway. The building, facility, asylum even, was so old that the paint was falling off the walls and the windows had large holes and cracks in them. I watched my step as I went because I wouldn't be surprised if there were pieces of glass on the ground. I was wearing shoes still, thankfully, and although the soles were thick, if I stepped on a piece that was standing up, I could injure my foot badly enough I couldn't walk. I followed my gut that I ended up in a corridor that I could hear the murmur of voices. Angry voices.

Before I turned, I slowly moved my head so I could see if there were any guards in the surrounding area. Of course, there were about 4 men and 1 women who were standing around the specific room. Two of the men and the one women were talking in hushed voices, while the other man was standing guard. He was armed, as I could see the the outline of either a knife or a gun sitting on the belt that wrapped around his waist. I moved back, standing against the wall, thinking of a plan. If my hunch was correct, Grayson was in that room with someone, or something and I needed to think of the best plan to get him out of there.