6

grayson's point of view

I was carrying a bloody Ethan back to the cabin. My body was strained from my previous injuries and running for what felt like hours, but was only minutes before the creature was lead to its death. I was able to stop the bleeding on Ethan's wound, and as he passed out from the blood loss, I delivered the last blow to the creature that was close to the end anyway. I had taken the sword that Ethan had been able to carry with him, somehow, and as I looked away, not wanting to see it happen, I chopped the head off the creature. 

But I would tell Ethan the news when we were back at the cabin and I was able to stitch up his wound, but it would take waking Ethan because I had no idea what I was doing. He was the one with the medical background. We weren't that far from the cabin, and I soon was setting Ethan on the couch. I got him comfortable, putting a pillow under his head, and I ripped the shirt that was now soaking with blood off of his body. His torso was covered in his own blood and dirt from the ground, but it was still beautiful that I couldn't help but admire. 

But I stopped myself. I was looking at Ethan, while he was unconscious, like a dog would to a new bone. I shook myself out of the dirty thoughts, and went to kitchen to get a cup of freezing cold water. It was hard to wake Ethan up with just freezing cold water, he was so tried and knocked out, that his body was trying to heal itself through the confines of sleep, but it wouldn't get very far with an open wound that could start to be infected with deadly bacteria that could kill him. After the third glass of freezing cold water, Ethan's eyes were fluttering open. "Hello?" 

"Ethan, it's me, Grayson." I stroked my hand over his cheek, and to his jaw. Ethan seemed to be in a daze as he looked at me like I had about 4 heads. "Gray...son." He drawled. He was going to pass out again. "Ethan. Stay with me, okay? You need to be awake. You need to help me stitch you up." I said frantically. If he fell asleep again, who would know if he woke up again. "S-Stitch me?" He questioned like he hadn't been there when he was sliced open. "Yes, Ethan. Do you have any medical books around here? Suturing material?" Ethan blinked, so long I thought he'd fallen asleep again, but then his eyes opened again. "Yes. Under my bed, are where the books are. You have to use fishing line and a needle. That is in the kitchen. Get the alcohol in one of the cabinets to disinfect the wound. Hurry, I'm so tired." 

I nodded before I stood up from the couch and went to where Ethan told me where everything was. Under the bed was harder than anything else because I had to get down on my hands and knees to get the medical books. But after that was done, I ran to the kitchen to get the strongest alcohol I could, which happened to be the bottle of whisky. The fishing line and needle were under the sink. The needle didn't look like it didn't have any blood on it, probably my blood if anything. But I took a lantern with me because I wouldn't be able to see anything without the light. And I could burn the bacteria from the needle with the fire.

Ethan was still laying there, applying little pressure to the wound that had started to bleed once more. After this, surgery I guess, Ethan could sleep. If I knew for sure that the wound was closed with some type of covering, I would be okay with him falling asleep. I'd keep a very watchful eye on him while he slept though. As I flipped through the medical book, coming up on the stitching page, I carefully read over each word four times before I moved onto the next. I was going to be pro at this before I even tried on Ethan. A scar would be very sexy on him, but I, at the least, wanted it to be straight and tight enough so to not cause more damage.

"Alright, Ethan. I'm going to poor a little of this on the t-shirt and let the alcohol sink in, thoroughly cleaning the wound from any grime before I do anything." I said slowly, making sure Ethan knew what I was doing before I was doing it. "Okay. Just hurry up." Ethan mumbled. I rolled my eyes, but nodded. I took the clean t-shirt I had grabbed from the bedroom, ripped a piece of cloth off and then soaked it in the whisky. The smell was terrible, but it would do it's job of getting the wound clean. We'd be drinking after all this shit was over, that was for sure.