Chapter 18 - confrontation

<earlier>

Manic requiem planned to lure EXE to a trap and in order for that to happen Knuckles has to lure him. Knuckles knew Exe will kill him next but he would willingly risk his life to save Sonic...he may have been too late to save other people who were the victims of Sonic.EXE's wrath but he isn't too late to save Sonic and those who are still alive.

<now>

Knuckles heard Exe said, hehehe...I...am...GGGGOOOODDDD!!!..AND THATS WHAT I AM!!! Knuckles said, well you ain't no god your a monster! Exe looked behind and sees him with a sickening grin. Knuckles said with a frown as he gathered his courage, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!..SNAP OUT OF IT!!..THIS ISN'T YOU!! EXE laughed and said, it truly is you stupid idiot!.. knuckles said, I know everything Exe!..now leave Sonic alone and go away! Exe said, you don't get it do you?..I'm apart of Sonic!..and confronting me is a mistake! Knuckles said, SONIC I KNOW YOUR STILL IN THERE!..EXE IS TRICKING YOU!!...HE ISN'T HELPING YOU!!..HES ONLY USING YOU!! Exe said, hmmph!..he's not listening to you! Knuckles said with a snarl, you tricked him into helping you by thinking you can help him resurrect his mother! Exe then turn back to Sonic as he glared at him before he took out a knife. Sonic said, WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!..YOU ALL NEVER HELPED HER OR MY FAMILY!!! Knuckles said, Sonic!..your brother is alive! Sonic had a shock look on his face as he said, w-what?..M-Manic is alive?.. Sonic then shook it off before glaring at him and said angrily in tears, NO!..Y-Y-YOUR LYING!!... Knuckles mumbles, I knew Exe isn't gonna let me live.. Sonic turned back to EXE and said, YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! Knuckles said in shock, HOW DID YOU KNOW WHAT I SAID?! Exe said, I hear mumbles a lot. Then Knuckles ran off as Exe runs after him. Knuckles thought, Sonic...you may not know it but...I need you back.