Clarification

"You know, this format is gonna be pretty confusing." The older man said to his younger self.

"Format? What the heck is that supposed to mean?" He responded.

"Well, the author is gonna have a hard time conveying which one of us is talking and there's only so many ways to describe a young and old version of someone." The future Timothy explained.

"Author? What author? Are you feeling okay? I think you're speaking nonsense." He responded looking towards the man he was going to become.

"You see the person sitting on that strategically placed crate over there?" The older Timothy said, while pointing to a person, who looked up from their phone, waved, and proceeded to write what you, the reader, are reading right now.

"Well that's the author. They're writing all about my time traveling adventure." He explained, "Now I think to clarify which one of us is talking I thought we could have a new system of speaking or something of that nature."

"Umm, like what?" The young man said, too confused to argue with him.

I was thinking we could just talk like I do in the future.

"Wait, how'd you take away the punctuation and stuff?" The past Timothy asked.

Just try it will ya.

Like this? Oh my gosh, this is so weird! I didn't even know I could talk like this. Ok, ok, this is pretty cool, but it's gonna make the reader even more confused.

Yeah, I guess you're right, they won't be able to tell which one of us is talking.

Exactly!

"Hmm, well maybe we could bold whatever you say, so there's no confusion." He said as they entered the building filled with dorms.

"Yeah, that could work." The young student said, as he unlocked his room and led the older man inside.

"Great!" He said as he opened the window and looked down at the alley behind the building, where the author was still sitting on the crate, "Got it, Author?"

The author nodded and turned back to writing what you're still reading.

A/N: Hey y'all! What's going on? That was a pretty uneventful chapter, but the next one should be more exciting! What do you guys think of the young and old Timothy?