5. Bandits

I didn't know that there was someone — well, two people, watching me while I was crying until I felt two pairs of arms on my shoulders. "What's wrong?" Yun asked. "Nothing." I said.

"Okay," Hak turned away to leave. Yun followed closely behind.

I swear, if it's the last thing I do, I'm bringing Zeno here. Even if it kills me.

'What a bold accusation Y/N. Let's see if you can actually do it.'

Oh fuck off dipshit. How many times do I have to say that? I groaned.

'Well, you say it every time I talk to you. I do 'fuck off' for a while. Then I get bored. So I bother you again.'

I flipped them off, which looked like I was flipping myself off.

"I'm seriously starting to doubt her mental health."Kija sweat dropped. "I'm going to take that as a complement." I walked away. We just found Kija, so . . . This episode should be, ah! This is when the bandits attack!

Then, as if on que, Hak and Kija suddenly became very serious. "Yun, take Yona and L/N to that bush and hide." Yun nodded and forced us to the bush.

While we were hiding, I watched all the bandits get their asses whooped by the two beasts, while snickering silently.

'Wow Y/N, I didn't know you were such a sadist.' The voice, Kaito, started snickering.

I'm not. And could ya please take your fat ass out of my already fucked up brain and go fuck up someone else's bain and make them fucking mental?!

'Chill dude, that was a lot of profanity.'

Never asshole. Swearing is part of my life line; without it, I'm going to die.

'How... you, Y/N-chan. Though I wouldn't want you any other way.'

Pervert.

'How you wound me! Anyways, do you wanna help them.'

Yea.

'Then do what you did before.'

Um, okay.

Power: level one.

I felt the power again. Wait. That sounded cringe as fuck. Forget that.

Anyways, I jumped towards the (few) remaining bandits and top speed. I instinctively kicked one in the face and kicked the other one in his dick.

I snickered silently again, watching the man clutch his crotch while writhing on the ground in agony. I then saw Yona shoot an arrow and, as it was supposed to, landed one one of the bandits hand.

Seeing that I actually did something useful, I decided to go back without Hak and Kija noticing.

After diving back into the bush, I patiently waited for that bandit to attack Yona and hav both monsters attack him at once.

Bandit!

I saw the last remaining bandit approach, but instead of heading for Yona, he went for me.

Wait.

ME!

"AAAHHH! I'm going to die! Noooo! I don't wanna! I still wanna meet truck-sama and get isekai'd! But where I am now counts too. I just don't wanna die!"

I ran around in a small circle while the bandit was heading towards me. He was whispering some shit about his friends and how I kicked him in the —

Oh, he was is friend. Now I get why he's after me.

"No! The beasts are going to be too busy dealing with the other bandit instead of this one! I'm going to o die!"

But, to my surprise, Hak and Kija both hit the bandit like they did in the original anime and caught me screaming at myself.

"Are you okay?" They both asked.

I stood up,out of their grasp. "Wow, you both actually sound like reasonable people! If I didn't know any better, I'd probably die of fangirling from being caught by you two!"

Kija looked confused.

"What's a 'fangirling'?" He asked. "Nothing you need to concern yourself with!" I dragged his head down so I could pat it.

-

That night, I couldn't sleep. I can never get used to the amount of bugs out here. Now I realize how Kija felt sleeping outside all those times.

Sighing, I walked towards a random tree, right beside Kija. "Stupid bugs." I grit, watching one of them crawl away. "How can you be so damn terrifying?" I glared at it, expecting it to reply.

"You don't like bugs either?" Kija asked, making me jump. I though the bug actually responded to me. "Nope! I don't understand how people can sleep, knowing that these creepy crawles are everywhere." I shivered slightly.

"I know right!" Kija responded.

We ended up talking for a while, not noticing all the bugs crawling, too busy in our conversation. At some point in it, Kija ended up falling asleep and I was just talking to myself.

I didn't notice that he was sleeping until I felt his head fall onto my lap. I smiled softly at myself.

-

"What are they dong?"

"Shush! You're going to ruin it!"

"Let me watch this more!"

I shifted slightly until I realized a heavy weight on my lap. I realized that Kija was still sleeping on it and I was hugging him.

"What the FUCK!"