1. A wish

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Shut up!" I yelled at my annoying alarm clock, throwing it to almost break it. I grumbled as I got out of bed and sluggishly walked towards her bathroom. I got my school uniform—a white short sleeved top with a black blazer jacket that has white rims and pockets, with a matching black tie. Along with a black skirt that reaches her thighs. I wore my black sneakers, because it was mandatory for my uniform. I brushed my H/C hair and tied a red ribbon in the back.

When I finished she stood up from her dresser and checked the time. "Oh shit! I'm gonna be late! Crap! Crap! Crap!" I saw that it was 7:50 and my school starts at 8. I quickly ran down the stairs and saw a note left by my mom — well, stepmom.

My real mother died in a car crash when I was 6 and my father remarried, because he thought that my brother, Ayashi and I needed some sort of mother figure. Ayashi was 6 years older than me, making him 12 when mom mother died. Our father later died when he was falling behind on his bills and the people he owed money to got angry. They came after him soon after they gave him a couple warnings. About six years later when Ayashi became a legal adult, the people who our father owed money to came back to collect it from Ayashi. He couldn't pay it and they killed him as well.

Now, four years later, it's just me and my stepmom. Although my stepmom is almost never home, she works for a couple hours then goes out drinking with some of her friends and maybe brings back a guy or two. She mostly acts like a prostitute though. And when she is home, she's always having sex with a guy, sleeping or just yelling at me, blaming me for the deaths of dad and Ayashi.

The note read:

Y/N, I'm not going to be coming home tonight. After I finish work I'm going drinking. I've found these really hot guys~ and I'm definitely going to have a foursome tonight. Anyways, don't get in trouble, lock the doors and windows, blah, blah, blah. You know what to do. Just make sure not to touch my condoms.

-Alice

I almost barfed in my mouth. My stepmoms real name isn't Alice but that's what she wants people to call her. She sucks.

The only solitude I have is; anime. A wondrous thing created by geniuses and my only freedom. Especially one called Akatsuki no Yona. Sometimes I wish I could be apart of their world and go on amazing adventures.

I sighed, if only anime were real.

I snapped out of my daze and looked at the clock again. 7:55. Shit. I grabbed the piece of almost burnt toast I just made, slathered butter on it and ran out the door.

I ran for 5 minutes at top speed, making it to school in record time. Before I had time to catch my breath, I heard the bell ring. "FUCK!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I took a deep breath and sprinted agin, this time to get into class. I made sharp turns through hallways until I reached my class. I quietly opened the door and crept to my seat.

I made it just in time for my named to be called. "L/N Y/N," the teacher looks around, probably expecting me to be late again. "Here," I chocked out still trying to catch my breath. My clothes were now sticking to my body a little bit, and I was sweating like crazing. "Hmm..." the teacher stared at me. He probably knew I was late but had no proof of it. He sighed and continued.

"F/N," he called and continued the attendance.

I pretty much zoned out the entire lesson. I was thinking about anime and which ones I should watch tonight. Wait. What's the date? I looked at the calendar on the wall and realized something. A new volume of Akatsuki no Yona comes out today! I internally squealed.

I've watched the anime at least 50 times and have read all the chapters, like 100 times (especially my favourite ones), I always wait for a new volume to come out and when it does I read it immediately.

The rest of the day until lunch I was zoning out, thinking about what would happen. "—N, Y/N!" I felt someone lightly hit my shoulder. "What?" I looked over to see my best and possibly only friend, F/N, trying to get my attention. "You we're zoning out all day." She told me while we got our lunch trays.

"Yeah, sorry. It's just that—" she cut me off halfway. "anime?" She smirked. We were both really big weebs and we both loved almost the exact same anime/manga. "Yeah," I said as we got our food and walked towards the roof.

When we got there, it was empty as usual. We set our lunches down and started talking. We talked for a while, until we saw a giant bug and jumped to the other side of the roof, leaning against the metal bars. "We're really just like Kija aren't we?" F/N snorted while I just nodded in agreement.

The light breeze lifted my hair a little and brushed against my clothes. "Wouldn't  it be great to just go into the world of Yona of the dawn and live with them forever?" I questioned to no one in particular. I then saw a light shining in the sky, which then blasted into my eyesight and black spots started covering my blinded vision, my booting became unstable and I started losing conciseness. "Huh? Wha?" I said before passing out.

The only thing I could hear with my last remaining consciousness was F/N yelling my name, crying and hugging me.