Chapter 22

Voices drifted along in the background, a blinding light made me wince and struggle to get my eyes open. I tried to move but my whole body ached and burned...what happened to me? Was the first thought that came to my mind? For a few seconds I couldn't remember anything besides that I was working...then it hit me. The lesser demon who tried to smuggle me with Wolfsbane, me decapitating him, Vincent showing himself and we ended up fighting. Vincent kissing me...and then Dominic... he told me that he was close...and then the shotgun. I could still feel the two bullets ripping through my chest and connecting with my heart. Shakily I tried to touch my chest, tried to see if I had healed myself by now. But my hand couldn't move, it shook by my side but wouldn't lift when I commanded it to.

Sighing I looked around, I was in some sort of a cage, there was no windows or doors, just bars with a small keyhole. I could tell that it was underground so it was probably a dungeon of some sorts. I looked at myself and saw that I was naked, besides for a light sheet hanging across my waist. I stared at my chest and saw that it was bandage, with blood staining the cloth. I was still hurt? I looked around to find something that could tell me the time, too weak to do it myself. Finding nothing, I cursed under my breath but that small action caused me to gasp in pain. I bit my bottom lip, shutting out the pain that came from my bullet wound.

Struggling to move my hand so I could expect the wound, I started to hear some noises. They started to get louder and with a yank, the sheet covered my body. Grimacing from the pain that they action caused me, I waited for the people to come closer. A women appeared at the opening of the cell , she held a tray with some food most probably. When she met my stare, her eyes opened in surpised, balancing the tray with one hand, she went inside her pocket and took out the key. A few seconds later she placed the tray on the table next to me.

"You moved." She announced, shaking her head side to side. She bent to touch me and I growled...or tried to. It ended up coming out as a moan of pain.

"Stop that nonsense you dog." She rolled her eyes and picked up the sheet and put it down so that she could inspect the wound. I tried to protest, but the moment her cold fingers touched my scorching hot skin, I cried in pain and surrender to her.

It ended up that the tray was filled with medical supplies, so I bit my lip so that I wouldn't cry out as she cut the bandage and showed me the wound. I was surprised to see that I actually had stiches and that it was still red...it should have been healed by now.

"How long?" my voice trembled as she began to clean the wound.

"Quiet," she ordered and I started to get angry. How dare she talk to me like that? Me, an alpha!

I tried to move my arm so that I could grab her and demand to know, but weakness filled me. Flexing my fingers, I waited until she was done. Hours must have passed until she was done inspecting the wound, cleansing it, putting some medicine that burned me, and making me sit up so that she could wrap me.