Chapter 9

(hey guys just wanted to tell you to make sure to check the last chapter because there was some mistake and if you don't read chapter 8 (the real ch. 8) then you won't know whats happening! So yeah PLEASE vote/comment/add to ya reading list the whole shabamg!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh have I told you guys that I love you?!!!!)

The lake gleamed under the moonlight, the half moon was reflected in the water. The wind picked up, making my short hair go wild. My dress was covered in dirt and blood as I limped toward the lake. I could hear men behind me, their footsteps a warning for me to keep on going.

The water was freezing cold as I went in, trying to make as little noise as possible. Finally after I was neck deep into the water I started to swim only to stop when my attackers came. My small body shook and all I wanted to do was cry but I sucked it up and knew that I only had to wait until daddy found out that I was gone.

He always saved me.

My attackers sniffed the air and I froze. Could they be like me? Then red eyes turned to my direction and the men started to walk toward the lake.

Panic filled me as I frantically swam to the other side. I ran once I hit the ground but my soaked dress made me fall.

Cruel laughter erupted and a hand grasped my arm.

Pain sliced through me as the person squeezed my arm, my scream filled the silent night and I begged them to let me go.

But the evil glowing red eyed man only laugh, and pull me toward him.

I scream for my father but then someone punched me in the stomach and I ended up crying in pain.

I looked at the men, there was three of them. They were all tall and scary with glowing red eyes that I knew would haunt my dreams.

Why are they chasing me? The sentence kept on repeating on in my head, but I didn't know why.

The scariest one of the three pushed me to the floor so that I was laying on my back, I tried to scramble up and run but he grabbed my ankles and slid on top of me.

Someone took hold of my hands as the man on top of me grabbed my face and made me stare into his soulless red eyes. My screams filled the night as I saw the evilness of his nature.

Then some things went black, I couldn't remember what had happened until a burning pain made me gasp and the man pull away with blood dripping down his lips.

My shoulder cried in pain and I felt a sudden boost of power, I pushed against the man and yanked my hands, stumbling over rocks as I tried to get away but they grabbed me and pulled me back.

My body ached, wetness was falling down my thighs. Did I pee myself? My shoulder throbbed in pain as they started to drag me.

I cried for my daddy but he never came and I lost the will to fight. I stumble over rocks and knew that my life was over.

I looked around in a daze as I was pulled. The trees were reaching out to me as if they could help, the moon seemed to come closer as if it could lift my spirit.

I stared at the smug faces of my kidnappers, and then back at the forest.

And then I realized that there was a blue light reaching out to me. No running towards me, but after the light was coming closer I found out that it wasn't a light at all but eyes.

The person charged at one of the men and they fell toward the floor. I was dragged toward the forest by the other two men. A tiny spark had filled me when I saw the man coming to my rescue but it had died when I was taken away.

But then the man collide against us and we were all taken to the ground. My attackers shout and cursed and I felt myself starting to wake up from my daze and I realized that no one was holding me, because they were too busy fighting with my rescuer. I took one look at the forest and started to run like the scared child I was.

Grunt and growls filled the air as I ran, trying to put distance between me and my attackers. I didn't care where I was going as long as it was away from there.

The forest seemed to opened for me, trying to lead me to safety when I heard loud footsteps behind me.

I cried and tried to run faster thinking that if my rescuer had died and if that evil man with the red eyes was behind me then I was a goner.

The thought of those evil eyes scared me and unbelievable I ran faster. My five year old body raced through the forest and for a second I believed that I was safe but then I was tackled.

Frantically I threw my punches and kicks until the person grabbed my hands and straddled my legs, he scream something and I opened my eyes.

Dark blue eyes searched mines and my fertile attempts of defending myself ceased as a calmness overtook me as I stared at him.

He let go of my hands and softly cupped my cheek.

Then every possible emotion crashed through me as my wall broke.

Fear, pain, tiredness, despair, depression, and sadness of being betrayed filled me.

Tears ran down my face as the man pulled me into his embrace.

He hugged me and then started to run.

Where he was taking me I didn't know or care.

For once tonight I felt safe.